I am currently working with a global organisation who are a market leader, I am keen to recruit a Quality systems Manager, its an exceptional role which offers great benefits, development and progression opportunities.
PURPOSE OF JOB
To ensure sites has a fully compliant quality governance process in place and operates effectively across the organisation at all levels.
To interpret and implement the requirements of International Quality Management Systems, Automotive and Aerospace Quality Systems, UKAS, Nadcap and Customer-specific Quality Systems, and to translate these requirements into a common quality management system. To negotiate with these bodies and customers as appropriate, maintain compliance, and meet foreseeable future demands.
To promote a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business aligned with the implementation of the Quality standards.
To advise the Leadership team on requirements, status and issues, and Policy Statements and Procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret and implement the QA requirements of BS EN ISO 9001, IATF 16949, BS EN ISO 9100, BS EN 9120, Nadcap, and UKAS ISO 17025, and establish and maintain a documented Quality Management System to ensure compliance of business processes with such QMS standards, and ensure the business understands its responsibility.
- Manage a team of quality assurance specialists in support the business strategy.
- Management, planning and execution of the Internal Audit program. Ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained and that deviations are identified and corrected along with clear reporting of the facts and corrective actions.
- Monitor and use audit outputs and quality trends in the creation of local targets and strategies for the continuous improvement of the business systems and process and to improve customer performance.
- Preparation and delivery of Management Reviews.
- Evaluate and implement customers' requirements (CSRs and QA documents) into the business management system as appropriate to ensure alignment and negotiate with the customers on compliance
- Leads Internal audits, supplier, customer and third-party audits. Liaise with and be first point of contact for outside inspection authorities and/or 3rd party and customer auditors. Ensure compliance of sub-contract activities through external auditing of supplier quality management systems.
- Establishes the required training needs for the organisation for the QMS requirements including Internal auditors and Core Tool training.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Detailed and current knowledge of all the required quality management systems, quality auditing and the requirements set out in customer, national and international specifications. This is a critical role that needs to operate to the highest level of integrity.
The job holder should be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and be experienced with the demands and implementation of the QMS with preferably five years relevant experience in QMS positions and IT literate. Membership of the Chartered Quality Institute is desirable.
The jobholder must be self-motivated. He/she must be able to both work either on his, or her, own, and as manager of a technical team. The latter requires the ability to both motivate and delegate responsibilities.
The ability to communicate effectively in all methods of communication at all levels within the business as well as with customers, suppliers, hireworkers and outside inspection authorities is a prerequisite. It is essential that the jobholder has the ability to speak with authority on behalf of the business.
Knowledge of quality management tools and auditor experience is an essential requirement for the position.
A full driving license is essential.
VISION & CONTEXT
The position sits alongside the Testing & Labs quality and certification teams to provide guidance and direction on standards, operational integrity and an ongoing critical review of compliance across all sites.
The position ensures that the quality management systems necessary for sites to meet its business goals are fully understood and implemented to common standards across all sites (UK, US and Germany). The job holder has the responsibility to regularly appraise the Leadership team of any shortcomings of the systems so that these do not result in loss of strategic business.
35 days holiday
Up to 16% combined pension contribution
Access to Occupational Health
For more information contact Nicole Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.