Barker Ross are currently recruiting for temporary Quality Systems Coordinator role based in Leicester.
Temporary contract for 9-12 month.
Working hours are Monday - Friday - 37,5 hours per week.
The salary is £ 28 000 per annum.
- To assist the Quality Manager with the responsibility of Quality and Food Safety management systems.
- To assist the Quality Manager in the management and continual improvement of Hygiene standards, food safety and quality system.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Company HR, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Hygiene policies.
- Continual improvement approach.
- Ensure effective communication between departments.
- Document controller.
- Authority to hold any non-conforming products and raw materials.
- Authority to authorise the concession for use of products not meeting the specifications (preferentially with knowledge and obtained agreement of the QM or Operations Manager when available).
- Authority to answer customer complaints.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time as directed by the Quality Manager or designate.
- To identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the quality and food safety systems through shop floor observations, trend analysis, etc.
- Creation/formulation of improvement action plans, liaising with other departments/suppliers/ contractors.
- Following up and communicating the implementation of action plans (external audits and visits, internal audits and monitoring, group systems).
- Project management, system management and management of the implementation improvement plans/ corrective actions liaising with other departments (5S project, group systems).
- To ensure the traceability procedures are followed.
- To carry out traceability tests.
- Raw materials review during NPD, EPD.
- To monitor supplier performance.
- To compile quality and food safety reports and highlight trends.
- To write standards of work and manage the document control system.
- To develop, review and improve reporting and tracking tools.
- To assist the Quality Manager in evolving systems in line with new requirements.
- To carry out standards and continuous improvement audits.
- To investigate customer complaints and non-conformities, liaising with all relevant departments.
- Manage internal audits and other quality/food safety monitoring activities by other departments.
- To support the Quality Manager in training activities.
- To liaise with suppliers and relevant group departments re: process, specifications, certifications, CoA, CoC, etc.
- To raise and investigate non-conformities.
- To manage corrective/preventive action system.
- Fraud and Integrity system management.
- Working as part of the Quality and Operations teams.
- Deputise and cover for other members of the team as required (e.g. absences, holidays).
- Help to prepare for audits and visits.
- To manage Quality student.
- IT - Office, Windows, Access, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the quality and food safety management standards (e.g. BRC, ISO, Group, Customers)
- Ability to analyse trends and problems, make recommendations/decisions
- Ability to lead, plan, organise and motivate others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to develop procedures
- Quality Auditing qualification
- HND/ Degree in food technology
- HACCP training and auditing
- Food Safety level 3
- Flexibility (role will involve working some weekends and Bank Holidays)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Attention to detail, very organised
- French language skills are essential - both written and verbal
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Coalville, Leicestershire
- £9.50 - £10.50 per hour
- 22 days ago
Barker Ross have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic On-site Coordinator to work at one of our client's growing COPACK sites in the Coalville area. This is the perfect opportunity to work alongside the Barker Ross team. As an On-site Coordinator you will: Manage the workforce on... Read More
- Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Up to £9.50 per hour
- about 21 hours ago
BarkerRoss are recruiting in Leighton Buzzard! Are you looking for a permanent position working for a market leader? Do you have an eye for detail? If so, this may be the position for you. BarkerRoss are recruiting for a warehouse operative to work within a manufacturing environment bas... Read More