A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quality Systems Coordinator (Temp) at a Leicester based food manufacturing company.
- To identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the quality and food safety systems through shop floor observations, trend analysis, etc.
- Creation/formulation of improvement action plans, liaising with other departments/suppliers/ contractors.
- Following up and communicating the implementation of action plans (external audits and visits, internal audits and monitoring, group systems).
- Project management, system management and management of the implementation improvement plans/ corrective actions liaising with other departments (5S project, group systems).
- To ensure the traceability procedures are followed.
- To carry out traceability tests.
- Raw materials review during NPD, EPD.
- To monitor supplier performance.
- To compile quality and food safety reports and highlight trends.
- To write standards of work and manage the document control system.
- To develop, review and improve reporting and tracking tools.
- To assist the Quality Manager in evolving systems in line with new requirements.
- To carry out standards and continuous improvement audits.
- To investigate customer complaints and non-conformities, liaising with all relevant departments
- Manage internal audits and other quality/food safety monitoring activities by other departments.
- To support the Quality Manager in training activities.
- To liaise with suppliers and relevant group departments re: process, specifications, certifications, CoA, CoC, etc.
- To raise and investigate non-conformities.
- Non conformity monitoring.
- To manage corrective/preventive action system.
- Fraud and Integrity system management
- Trained internal auditor.
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to work weekends and Bank Holidays.
- To continually improve the hygiene standards.
- ISO Document controller.
- Deputise for the Quality Manager as required, including crisis situations.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Company HR, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Hygiene policies.
- Continual improvement approach.
- Ensure effective communication between departments.
- Document controller.
- Authority to hold any non-conforming products and raw materials.
- Authority to authorize the concession for use of products not meeting the specifications (preferentially with knowledge and obtained agreement of the QM or Operations Manager when available).
- Authority to answer customer complaints.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time as directed by the Quality Manager or designate.
Skills and Competencies
- IT - Office, Windows, Access, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the quality and food safety management standards (e.g. BRC, ISO, Group, Customers)
- Ability to analyze trends and problems, make recommendations/decisions
- Ability to lead, plan, organise and motivate others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to develop procedures
- Quality Auditing qualification
- HND/ Degree in food technology
- HACCP training and auditing
- Food Safety level 3
- Flexibility (role will involve working some weekends and Bank Holidays)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Attention to detail, very organised
- French language skills are essential - both written and verbal
This is a permanent role, salary £38,000p/a working 4 on 4 off shifts., 06:00 to 18:00 & 18:00 to 6:00, rotating weekly.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Raw Materials & Packaging Quality Auditor Food Manufacturing
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Up to £21454 per annum
- 16 days ago
Our client is a highly successful, rapidly growing, dynamic food manufacturing company in Milton Keynes Due to continued success and growth they are now looking to recruit a Raw Materials & Packaging Quality Auditor. It is expected this role will be Monday - Friday 6:00am-2:00pm, howeve... Read More
Assistant Shift Manager
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £25000 - £26000 per annum
- 16 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Shift Manager at a multi-site manufacturer of home baking products based in Nottingham. The role is to support the delivery of the scheduled plan in line with agreed raw material, packaging and labour costs. You will require a technica... Read More