A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer at an automotive component manufacturer based in Coventry.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for minimising quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that clients procedures, processes and the SAP system are adhered to within the manufacturing area. To liaise with customers, customer teams and other manufacturing team members to resolve problems.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- To monitor, plan and implement quality system, process and product continuous improvements
- To maintain customer portals
- Participate in and manage as required all customer-initiated projects/activities
- Stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes
- Manage all quality related issues within the Manufacturing team (e.g. internal, customer 0Km and customer warranty)
- Manage and process costs associated with concerns to minimise the financial impact (e.g. debit notes from customers) for internal and 0Km issues and ensure correct cost handling with supplier generated issues to assure supplier cost recovery
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators (e.g. PPM, customer ratings) and internal systems
- Facilitate and lead, when necessary, problem-solving activities utilising correct quality tools and techniques
- Comply with and champion, where necessary, all company policies and procedures within the manufacturing area
- Undertake special projects/tasks as required
- Responsible for manufacturing quality activities, be aware of budget targets and monitoring
- Quality cost categories, monitor through scrap reporting, internal and external rework organization
- Customer satisfaction, positive actions will result in low PPM figures
- Acquisition of and support to technical support for quality activities
- Audit activities to support company and quality policies
- Can stop production in the event of a risk to the quality of the product
Formal education / course of study
- Mechanical Engineering (HNC minimum / degree level preferable)
- 2 years relevant experience in similar role as Quality Engineer, or higher dependent upon overall professional quality experience and positions held
Specialised knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Quality systems
- Knowledge and application of problem-solving tools and techniques - 8D process, Ishikawa, FMEA etc.
- Negotiating skills / Conflict resolution, Analytical
- Knowledge and application of a range of statistical techniques including SPC
- PC Literate (SAP experience preferable)
- Product and process auditing independent problem solving with difficult negotiation at customer
- Ability to understand engineering drawings
- Respond quickly and efficiently to close out customer problems
Hours of work are 38.5 hours working between Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm and Fridays between 8am - 3pm (to be agreed prior to starting role).
Salary for this is between £35,000 - £48,000 depending on experience.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.