Our client is a bespoke manufacturer of speciality cheeses. Based near Skegness, Lincolnshire, they require a Quality Controller to join their busy Technical Team, reporting directly to the Quality Manager.
The hours of work are 06:30 to 16:30pm , Monday to Friday, 5 days a week.
Previous experience in a Food Manufacturing Environment is ideal.
Duties will include:
- interpret and implement quality standards
- evaluate adequacy of quality standards
- devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- document internal audits and other technical related activities
- investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- collect and compile statistical quality data
- analyse data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- identify training needs to meet quality standards
- evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- monitor risk management activities
- responsible for document accuracy and completion
- assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Ensure product quality is checked against appropriate customer specifications.
- Communicate findings of quality inspections to the production, technical and procurement teams.
- Attend daily meeting as required and report any issues from the previous day and issues from that morning.
- Product review reporting.
- Where necessary, communicate findings of quality inspections to the production team to ensure quality specifications are followed.
- Organoleptic assessments of products as and when required.
- Temperature control of intake, production areas and finished goods.
- Filing all relevant paperwork that has been reviewed and signed off.
- Carry out appropriate training when required by your manager.
- Perform positive release assessments.
- Conduct other duties within the technical department as required.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for ensuring a product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance.
Key Tasks :
- To communicate clearly and effectively and work closely with other areas leaders to meets production needs.
- Ensure plan adherence is met - to communicate/ consult changes, issues with Managers.
- Ensure correct material is used in your area of responsibility as per set standards.
- Ensure all measuring equipment is calibrated and in sound condition.
- To conduct product/water sampling, environmental and hand swabbing.
- To conduct product shelf life testing.
- Ensure daily/ weekly/ monthly audits are carried out regarding paperwork completion/ policies, procedures adherence, efficiency/ quality at all operation areas. Make alteration if needed to improve technical processes and quality of the product packed/ coded.
- To establish training needs and processes for new and existing colleagues.
- To communicate repairs requirement to Managers, to ensure production machinery's parts is kept in good condition at all time.
To support Managers in their daily operation
This is an excellent oppurtunity to join a fast growing company, with excellent prospects. Please apply with your CV in the first instance.