A successful FMCG manufacturer and distributor have an immediate opening for an experienced Quality Assurance Technician to join the team in Leicester on a full time permanent basis.
As Quality Assurance Technician you will manage the end to end process from product recipe, quality and food safety compliance, throughputs of all products manufactured to the correct specification.
In the role you also manage people and process controls ensuring that all standards are consistently at the highest level and performance targets are met and achieved by all staff. Hygiene and cleanliness standards will be maintained to the highest levels.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- In accordance with the site allergen validation procedure, conduct allergen exercises including 1st pack off verification.
- Submit to laboratory photograph and collate results for interpretation and file.
- Consumable control, ensuring all laboratory, factory, H&S including laundry are always available. This includes monitoring for damage, are they suitable and fit for purpose and stock levels maintained through inventories.
- GMP/Bait/Glass - against the defined schedule, conduct inspections, document findings, and ensure follow ups are carried out for close out purposes.
- Ensure that all production paperwork is current and meets standards, signed off within 24 hours and escalated where necessary.
- Training - ensure operatives responsible for Technical/Quality duties are trained against the correct SOP's offering coaching and mentoring where needed.
- Ensure that plasters and allergen swabs validated on intake and documented, escalate where necessary.
- Execute the sampling regime for materials, water, equipment & hand at the defined frequencies submitting re-tests where required within the 24-48 hour timescale.
What our client is looking for:
- Experienced Quality Assurance Technician who have proven experience working in Food manufacturing sector.
- Possesses experience in management of people and have a proven track record for delivering Continuous Improvement and Change initiatives.
- Snack food experience required.
- BRC & AIB knowledge.
- Allergens training.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene.
- HACCP awareness.
Salary for this opportunity is c£22.5k and you will work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, 6am to 6pm.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available