We are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Accountant for our client who is a well-established wholesale food supplier.
The role will be a full-time contract for 6 months working 37.5 hours per week.
The starting salary will be £27.5k (pro rata) and the package will include 31 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata), discounts on various products and services, excellent rewards and recognition schemes, pension plan and additional holiday purchase option.
This position will involve travel between Harlow, Aylesford and Reading - a car allowance or short-term hire/pool car will be available.
Types of activities / Typical Day:
- Provision, analysis and interpretation of weekly and monthly reports to enable Distribution Centre performance to be monitored and enhanced
- Production of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Provide weekly flash and monthly forecasts of depot costs and volumes
- Reporting and monitoring of KPIs & volume on a weekly basis
- Close liaison with the Distribution Centre management teams to help identify trends, new opportunities, underperformance and such other issues as may enhance the performance and profitability of the business
- First point of contact for Distribution Centre management teams for Finance related matters
- Production of robust Budgets and Forecasts
- Ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures to deliver tight financial control
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and queries as required by the Regional Head of Finance, and other senior Regional management
- To identify and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- To plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure contribution to the department's monthly and financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- To champion a culture of process improvement and assist with the execution of change programmes
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Educated to a degree level, min 2:1
- FMCG experience is preferable
- Qualified Accountant (e.g. CIMA/ACCA) who is looking to take the next step in their career
- Advanced level MS Excel skills
- Ability to work alongside various senior stakeholders
Please apply in the first instance or call Barker Ross Lincoln on 01522 551910 for further information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available