We are the experts in innovative paper products and proud to be the preferred supplier to all major UK retailers. They require a QA operative to join their Technical Team, and reporting into the QA Co- Ordinator.
This is a key role which encompasses all aspect of day to day QA duties including analysis of loads arriving on site, monitoring output quality of all products, auditing, ensuring best technical standards are maintained in the factory and communication of quality throughout the departments. Ensure we meet and exceed the customer's expectations.
Main Duties of the role:
* QA Testing of all raw materials & packaging to site - within specification on arrival, appropriate action taken as required
* Checking that raw materials or components involved in the production process are of suitable quality and within specification, action, document and record findings accurately
* Conducting line checks against the set schedule and specification, reporting discovered defects to all relevant departments for correction, follow up
* Conduct retained samples and documentation inc. filing
* Provide training and support to production team on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes
* Analyse, investigate and monitor reported quality issues to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and external regulatory requirements
* Monitor procedures, maintain and analyse red/amber issues to identify and report recurring issues to management and product development
* Work as part of a team to ensure the goals of the department are achieved on a daily basis and the working environment remains clean and safe
* Data entry into computer systems
* Metal detection test pack make ups
* Non-conformance report generation, communication and follow up
* Controlling of QA hold stock
* Completing data for site systems as required
* Supply required paperwork for production
* Product samples collection/ retained samples
* Red Seal samples collection, monitoring and maintaining stock levels
* GMP coaching of all operatives on the factory floor, resolving GMP non-conformances and follow up
* Daily production paperwork checks
* Performing product investigations into non-conforming/red products
* Carrying out of the following audits as required - Glass, Hygiene, GMP
* Assist with internal audits
* To provide cover for other Team members, as required
* Conduct metal check calibration, monitoring and maintaining, Monthly calibration checks
* Communicate within the team and conduct detailed handovers
* To ensure personnel procedures (eg reporting absences, completing holiday/sickness/absence forms, etc) are followed at all times within set timescales.
* To undertake any training deemed necessary to meet the Company's and personal performance and development requirements.
* Complete any further administration and project work within own or other departments as the company reasonably requests.
* Be active in finding ways of meeting the customer needs and expectations but helping to reduce costs and potential issues to the business by lean principles
* Other duties required to meet the prevailing needs of the business
.Person specification - Who you need to be
* Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times.
* Great attention to detail
* Organised and calm under pressure
* Friendly, approachable and flexible - a team player
* Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - Demonstrates "can do" attitude
* Commercially aware
* Leads by example.
* Trustworthy and reliable
* A good work ethic
Qualifications and Experience
* Basic HACCP understanding
* Proficiency at Microsoft Office programmes such as Word and Excel
* Preferable - 1-year QA experience in manufacturing
* Been involved in internal auditing
The hours of work are a flexi shift of 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm & 10pm to 6am. This is likely to become a fixed nights position.
if you are interested in this role please send your CV in the first instance.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Quality Assurance Technician
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £21000 - £24500 per annum
- 18 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Technician at a Leicester based food manufacturing company. The Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Technician are: Conduct your shift handover at the start and end of each shift in line with the han... Read More
Quality Assurance Technician
- Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
- £27500 - £29222 per annum
- 23 days ago
My Client is a leading provider in Packaging Solutions and seeks two Quality Assurance Technicians to support the Quality Supervisor in order to perform routine QA Checks on samples produced by operators in specific production areas. The Principle duties will include: The positive relea... Read More