As part of the role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the Buying team in delivering an excellent service.
- Following the contracts programme and ensure timely provision of specified equipment and supplies for Projects.
- To be able to adapt quickly and efficiently to programme requirements.
- To ensure arrangements are in place to transport rig and site equipment from site to site.
- To appraise potential suppliers and expedite the quality assurance of them.
- To negotiate on price ethically and appropriately.
- To raise and manage orders.
- To chase scheduled deliveries by liaising with suppliers.
- To track on-hire reports and collection of off-hired items.
- To monitor supplier performance.
- To keep hired plant location sheets updated on a weekly basis.
- To ensure certification of hired plant is up to date, appropriately archived and renewed ahead of expiry dates.
- To assist by supporting the Procurement & Logistics function as required.
- Willing to study towards CIPS qualifications.
- To have commercial awareness and be organised by nature
- To be able to use own initiative.
- To be confident, and have excellent, assured communication skills both verbally and written.
- Have the ability to adapt and amend workload priorities in a regularly changing environment.
- Excellent IT skills - Microsoft packages including Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Training will be given on Purchasing software
- Either educated to A-level standard / CIPS level 4 qualified / 2 years' experience in a Purchasing environment
- 26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme (Contributions matched and +1%, up to maximum of 7%)
- BUPA cash plan (enables employee to get cashback on dentist, opticians etc..)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme (Employees can purchase up to 5 additional days holiday for the next year)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death In service (Paid x3 basic annual salary)
- Annual salary review (Discretionary)
- Annual Bonus (Discretionary)
- Performance Development Reviews annually (PDR's)
- Free Eye Tests
- Company Savings Scheme (Employees can request for a lump sum to be saved for them each month)
- Charity Sponsorship (employees fund raising efforts up to a maximum of £1,000)
- Long Service Awards (20, 30 & 40 years)
- EAP programme (Employee Assistance programme offers support for employees for Personal, work, family and relationships, daily living, life events etc.) 24hr helpline & Online support.
- Great training opportunities and continued development
There is an attractive salary on offer and is negotiable depending on experience.
For more information on the role and discuss your suitability, please call Laura or Will on 0115 9483757
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available