Our client is an impressive global steel business. They now have a fantastic opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant based at their site in Stocksbridge.
The Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant role will have the following responsibilities:
- Review supplier invoices received daily to ensure compliance with supplier invoice policy. Reject and return non-valid invoices to suppliers.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders and purchase order receipts, including processing of supplier credit notes.
- Scan and record vendor documents (invoices and credit notes) into Purchase Ledger.
- Appropriately code invoices to the correct ledger accounts.
- Identify and log VAT errors on documents and seek to resolve the error with the supplier.
- Notify the Transactions Manager of 'problem' accounts and significant processing issues.
- Identify and log queries or discrepancies via workflow after receipt of the supplier invoice.
- Support the Transactions Manager in producing ad hoc reporting as requested to support the business.
- Produce daily aged creditor analysis.
- Create system generated and manual supplier payment runs.
- Post bank statement transactions.
- Reconcile supplier statements as and when required to facilitate any queries and dispute resolution.
- Work closely with Procurement and Commercial parts of the business to identify and resolve queries with supplier invoices.
- Be the first point of contact of supplier queries regarding invoice status and expected payment.
The successful Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant will have the following qualifications and skills:
- High standard of general education.
- Accounting transaction experience is an essential for an individual to become fully competent in the role.
- Good internal systems knowledge would be beneficial.
- Practical experience of INFOR and PC-based computer systems is preferred.
- Strong team working and relationship building skills and ability to prioritise own workload is essential.
Benefits for the Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant role include:
£19,000 - £21,000 per annum
35 days holiday
Competitive pension scheme
If you are interested in the Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant role please apply today!