Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services for various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Project Worker - Mental Health (Hammersmith), 3-4 months, 37.5 hours, £11.71 per hour
Hammersmith and Fulham mental health service has three accommodation based services, all located within walking distance to each other. These provide accommodation and support to people whose primary diagnosis is mental ill health and who require medium to higher level support. You will be working in a single staff team who will work across all three sites.
Working under the direction of the Service Manager, Project Workers will deliver a 'hub and spoke' service operating from Perham Road and supporting Avonmore Road & Barons Court Road.
You will be assigned clients from across the sites caseload and undertake a range of recovery focused activities. The primary aim is to develop, implement and review the support plan objectives and focusing on developing client's confidence to undertake the skills they need to live independently. The service will be delivered in a highly person centred and personalised/recovery approach.
The support plans are to better manage clients' own emotional and mental health; develop social networks; achieve personal occupational goals; participate in both the service and the wider community; and move on to more independent accommodation.
- Demonstrable understanding of potential issues that arise when supporting people with mental health and complex needs within a residential setting.
- A demonstrable understanding of the Recovery Approach and how this translates into action.
- A demonstrable understanding of the process of engaging and motivating people to take increased personal responsibility for their lives.
- A demonstrable understanding of the principles of person-centred needs assessment, planning and SMART goal setting.
- A demonstrable understanding of the principles of risk assessment and the ability to carry this out in a respectful manner.
- A demonstrable understanding of Mental Health Legislation and how this may relate to this client group.
- A demonstrable understanding of the importance of working in partnership with external stakeholders (particularly community mental health services) and best practice for maintaining such relationships.
- The ability to be self servicing in the use of computers to: record progress and key work notes; send and receive emails; and maintain an electronic calendar.
If you meet the above criteria please send your cv directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me directly on 07824016243
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Mental Health Support Worker
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £8.91 - £11.00 per hour
- 18 days ago
Mental Health Support Worker Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire Salary: £8.91 - £11.00 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time (days and nights available on rota basis) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are cu... Read More
Project Worker - Domestic Violence
- City of London, London
- £25106 - £26106 per annum
- 5 days ago
Our client is a large charity that support women and girls with a history of violence, abuse or domestic violence. Position Available: Support Worker - Domestic Violence, London, 3-4 months ongoin, full time 37.5 hours per week, £25,104pa. Role Purpose: The post holder will provide a hi... Read More
Project Worker X3 - Domestic Violence
- East Sussex, England
- Up to £22643 per annum
- 9 days ago
Our client is a large charity that support women and girls with a history of violence, abuse or domestic violence. Position Available: Refuge Worker X2 - Domestic Violence, East Sussex, 2 months ongoing, £22,643pa full time 37.5 hours per week Role Purpose: The post holder will provide ... Read More
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £8.91 - £11 per hour
- about 10 hours ago
Support Worker Location: Chesterfield, South Yorkshire Salary: £8.91 - £11.00 per hour per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time and part time (rota basis) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care currently have an ama... Read More