Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Project Workers - Complex Needs and Homelessness (Lewisham), 5-6 months ongoing, 37.5hrs, £11.71 per hour
§ Working within Policy and Procedural framework, and within a Biopsychosocial model of PIE (Psychologically Informed Environments), you will be part of a team providing an effective, high quality support service to address the presenting needs of clients with complex needs in relation to poly substance misuse, mental health, and a wide variety of associated issues ( including: street activity, offending, physical health, background of complex trauma)
§ Project workers will need to be resilient, innovative, flexible and creative and have a commitment to working collaboratively within a harm minimisation and strengths/recovery framework. Some clients will require advocacy and direct support in relation to social care and health services.
§ The aim is to improve outcomes for service users both within the service
Demonstrable level of relevant experience of working with complex needs as presented by former rough sleeping or homeless people, (e.g. combined issues either relating to poly substance use, mental ill health, multiple physical health needs, unmet social care needs, complex trauma, or repeat offending/street based ASB) in an environment where these needs are not supported by a statutory agency at the point of referral.
* Proven experience and skills in delivering highly personalised assessment and casework, support planning, goal setting, advocacy, and the ability to apply this in a caseload of clients who find it difficult to engage in formal keywork and where there are barriers to accessing statutory support.
* The ability to work intensively with clients, respond calmly to crisis and deal promptly, effectively, safely and creatively to complex and challenging situations
* A strong understanding of the issues that typically disrupt progress in journeys towards independence, such as mental health, substance misuse, self-harm, domestic violence, anger management, learning impairment and frailty due to illness
* A good understanding of the Strengths and Recovery model, and the ability to engage, support and motivate clients to progress within a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE)
* A good understanding of the health and social care sector and the ability to navigate between and across specialties whilst working with clients to create a multiagency care plan
* Excellent time management skills, ability to work on own initiative, manage competing priorities and maintain high standards
* Excellent team-working and interpersonal skills, maintaining a collaborative approach to delivering service objectives across work specialisms
* A commitment to anti-discriminatory practice
* Experience of reflecting critically upon own practice in order to enhance the experience of service users
* IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office programmes and database recording systems
* An ability and willingness to work a rota that includes early and late shifts and covers weekdays and weekends
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or call me directly on 07824016243
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Care and Support Worker
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £8.91 - £11.50 per hour
- 8 days ago
Care and Support Worker Location: Chesterfield, South Yorkshire Salary: £8.91 - £11.50 per hour per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time and part time (rota basis) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care currently ha... Read More
Drug and Alcohol Worker
- Derby, Derbyshire
- £10 - £12 per hour
- 20 days ago
Drug and Alcohol Worker Location: Derby, DE1 Salary: £10.00 - £12.00 per hour Job type: Temporary ongoing Hours: 37 hours a week (Monday to Friday) - Days Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Healthcare are currently recruiting for a substan... Read More
Support Workers - Homelessness (Various Locations)
- South London, London
- Up to £12 per hour
- 29 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers la of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futur... Read More
Supported Living Support Worker
- Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
- £8.91 - £10.50 per hour
- 8 days ago
Supported Living Support Worker Location: Ashfield, Nottinghamshire Salary: £8.91 - £10.50 per hour per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time and part time (rota basis) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care currentl... Read More
Mental Health Support Worker
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £8.91 - £11.00 per hour
- 8 days ago
Mental Health Support Worker Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire Salary: £8.91 - £11.00 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time (days and nights available on rota basis) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are cu... Read More