Project / Programme Manager - MMC Offsite Construction (Automotive) - Kent - £55K - £58K + Package
This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules in a manufacturing environment which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality, and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As the Project / Programme Manager you will help achieve excellent standards in land / project viability, drive progress through project development / procurement / design along with overseeing the management of the build programme. Reporting to the Programmes and Commercial Director, the role holder will be responsible for supporting business growth plan and for coordinating the portfolio of customer projects linking into the Module/Manufacturing master scheduler to support demand planning and pre-manufactured module delivery dates across a number of projects.
- To manage the preparation of a fully integrated linked programme including the pre-construction and construction programmes for the purposes of feasibility / viability planning.
- To manage the preparation of construction logistics plans, visual time slices and tender presentations/submissions.
- Drive the implementation of lean techniques to drive up the level of process standardisation & control of work improving quality & speed of delivery.
- Where working under a Main Contract, review and support the tender / contract documentation to ascertain project requirements (physical and reporting obligations) to help inform the contract programme.
- Analyse critical paths and key milestones and report internally of any risks, opportunities and mitigation strategies to support maintaining the programme.
- To manage or assist the Project Manager in preparing programme progress reports on projects to comply with JCT (or other) contract obligation.
- Undertake programme revisions to take into account changes / delay and provide appropriate information for the issue of contract notices / programmes.
- Maintaining the programme issue record and ensure proper distribution of up to date programmes and logistics - to MMC leasing with the Manufacturing Team
You will be an experience Project / Programme Manager:
- Ideally worked as part of a large housebuilding organisation or Main Contractor with at least 5 years' experience.
- Extensive experience of producing pre-construction and build programmes using planning software including Microsoft Project, alongside other project visual programme reporting tools.
- Track record of successful delivery of programmes on construction projects incorporating use of MMC / house build.
- Experience with InDesign or Sketchup would be useful to support phasing plans.
- Working experience of JCT/NEC programme contractual obligations relating to traditional and MMC construction & off-site manufacturing processes
- Experience of administrating Building Contracts and producing/maintaining Contract programmes for external reporting purposes.
- Sound knowledge of typical production housebuilding rates (and MMC where possible).
- HNC/HND in Construction Management or similar
- CSCS Card
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available