Project Manager - Science & Innovation
I have a fantastic opportunity for an innovative and forward thinking Project manager to join a market leading food manufacturer.
Leader: Be a key driver of our stage gate (NECTAR) innovation process and deliver each project within the agreed timelines set out by the business. Building over time a track record of success is a key deliverable. Be a lean c
Champion: Ensuring that at each stage the key stakeholders are engaged in the process and agree with the tempo and the key deliverables. Running effective meetings, maintaining clear records of events, managing change within the process are key skills for this role.
Foodie: To have a passion for good food, an in-depth knowledge within the areas of nutrition, food safety, culinary styles, food science and the techniques related to cooking meat are all considered important to our team.
Be the innovator: The business will expect this role to take an active part in the ideation stage of any strategic planning within all areas of the innovation process, leading both culinary and process based ideation session for your key Customers and target product categories.
Team player: The ability to work effectively with others is essential within this role, taking actions which respect the needs and contributions of others.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Some project management and critical path management experience - essential
- 2-3 years food manufacturing experience - essential F
- ood science related degree or equivalent - essential
- Knowledge of meat science and functional ingredients - essential
- Some experience of working within a stage gate process - essential
- Some technical and regulatory experience - essential Ability to communicate at to all levels, both written and verbal
- Some experience of presenting to all levels Ability to work collaboratively with other project managers and other teams.
- Competent user of Microsoft office (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
- Ability to pay a great attention to detail Highly organised and ability to multi task.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to understand how own projects fit into the wider programmes
- Full UK Driving license · Travel to customers / clients sites (i.e. Ireland)
Key duties and responsibilities
A list of principal tasks that the job holder will be expected to do without exception as part of their normal duties:
- Be the leader for your assigned projects from the start of the brief to the final review within our stage gate process (Nectar).
- Need - project concept
- Explore - opportunity assessment / feasibility ( business case, market insights, culinary reviews, business case, risk assessments)
- Create - pilot trials
- Test - scale up within factory
- Act - production reviews / improvement stage
- Review - of the product and process
- Complete the required steps on Navision to ensure all departments are clear on requirements at each step of the process, attending where possible all stages of trials ( Scale up's are mandatory) and briefing your appointed technologist clearly on what is required at pilot stage.
- Attend all required daily and weekly meetings, ensuring that you maintain all required KPI reports as agreed with your S&I Manager.
- Presentations to Customers and visit to their facilities are a key part of this role, leading the technical discussions, offering consumer insights and related concepts are key drivers.
- Update your own project innovation pipeline on a weekly basis, communicate any significant changes or delays to the required team members, doing what is required to get the project back on time. Present to your team on a regular basis a review of your NECTAR projects, offering positive continuous improvement suggestions that deliver to the business core strategic plans.
- Developing a network of technical experts that can be called upon to assist within the NECTAR innovation process.
- Responsible for gate review meetings at each stage of the NECTAR process To demonstrate a level of competence in food / meat science, food processing, food legislation, specifications and recipe management.
- Completion and recording of all sensory or benchmark analysis, product evaluations and concept reviews in line with the expectation set within nectar.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness when using any of the facilities within our facility from desks, kitchens, pilot plant to factory equipment. Any other reasonable tasks as outlined by your direct Manager or head of department.
For more information please contact Nicole Durham
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.