A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join a reputable and successful manufacturer of specialist equipment to several sectors including construction, logistics and distribution. Through investment in staff, manufacturing equipment and technology they maintain an ongoing commitment to produce high-quality innovative products.
The primary duty will be to lead the planning, management, implementation and completion of new product development projects, leading cross-functional teams to enable successful project delivery in alignment with strategic business objectives.
Although some flexibility will be required the working hours for this position are 08:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the generation of project briefs and product specification documentation
- Work with project sponsors and stakeholders to establish project objectives and deliverables
- Prepare, manage and communicate project plans and schedules, and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Coordinate, monitor and prioritise activities of the project team
- Manage & minimise project risk and ensure lessons learnt transfer across projects
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report project status to relevant parties and escalate to management as needed
- Ensure project deliverables are achieved on time, within scope and budget, allowing for smooth project handover
- Ensure that the different project phases are completed to schedule.
- Working with internal suppliers to provide support for the elimination of secondary inspection, drive improvements with the team and reduce NVA costs.
- Provide measurement data for New Products to support the accurate validation of process capability.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Previous project management experience is essential
- Experience managing the design and development of new products
- Engineering degree preferred
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of team and liaise with stakeholders
- Good attention to detail.
- Salary of £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
- 40 working hours per week (08:00 - 16:30, Monday - Friday with ½ hour unpaid lunch break)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday (holiday entitlement increases with service)
- Annual bonus (on average £500 per annum)
- 5% Contributory Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Death in Service Life Insurance Scheme
- Free Company Lunches
- Free Company Family Days
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme