A great opportunity has arisen for a very high calibre Project Design Engineer to join a leading supplier of packaging solutions who supply into to the entertainment, beauty and gift markets. The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis in the Leicester area.
Our client is looking to find someone that can own projects, quickly understand the virtues of the systems being purchased and its parameters.
You will work closely with developers to extract information, design the tooling, order the tooling, install the press, create the bolster with integrated heating, install the tooling, run all the trials and work closely with the material suppliers to establish what's possible.
You will also document all stages and report findings to the project management team on a regular basis.
Important attributes we are seeking:
- Ability to take an initial concept and turn it into production reality.
- Able to design, source and procure tooling, parts and machinery.
- A problem solver that's interested in new development.
- Experience with 2 part tooling (for packaging this is an advantage).
- Experience in injection moulding or compression moulding a distinct advantage.
- Good 'Solidworks' knowledge essential.
- Hands on approach to trialling, prototyping and problem solving.
- An understanding of materials and their characteristics.
- Ability to converse at all levels of the business.
- Possess an eager and can do attitude.
Salary for this opportunity is £40k-£50k plus company benefits.
For immediate consideration for this exceptional opportunity, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Electronics & Firmware Design Engineer
- Leicestershire, England
- £30000 - £35000 per annum
- 22 days ago
Our client is an international leading manufacturer of special purpose engineering products based in South Leicestershire. Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit a permanent Electronics & Firmware Design Engineer. The Electronics & Firmware Design Engineer role is prim... Read More
Design & Innovation Manager
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £60000 - £70000 per annum + + Package
- 15 days ago
Design & Innovation Manager - Steel & Construction Manufacturing - Leeds - up to £70K + Package Company An industry leading manufacturer and designer of structural building components with over 35 years in the construction manufacturing industry Job Role As the Design & Innovation Manag... Read More