A vacancy has arisen for a Production Team Leader to join a very friendly and expanding handling and fulfilment business in Market Harborough on a permanent basis (Mon to Fri days). You will provide essential support to the smooth running of the department from a production perspective.
You will have gained some previous production experience and be keen to apply your knowledge and expertise in a new environment. Perhaps you are looking for that next challenge?
A summary of the duties of Production Team Leader is as follows:
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Manage staffing levels / deployment through all operational departments to ensure productivity is optimised and deadlines are met as cost effectively as possible
- Learning all aspects of Production and an ability to be flexible to fulfil our client's expectations.
- Monitor staff performance, and training (SOP's, SWP's, WI's) and other as directed by the line manager
- Create and maintain departmental work instructions
- Monitor and maintain equipment and consumables to meet the needs of the business and adhere to legal compliance as applicable
- Ensure the client brief is received, understood and agreed prior to work commencing
- Brief client requirements to staff
- Monitor & maintain accuracy of input into all systems & documentation to ensure the integration of all physical and system updates
- Set and monitor productivity rates as appropriate
- Ensure that KPIs and SLAs are understood, communicated, monitored and met
- Escalate issues to the line manager relating to SLA to ensure a swift and satisfactory conclusion
- Seek, validate, interpret and communicate information in order to make appropriate recommendations
- Liaise with external suppliers and contractors to ensure a cost-effective service is delivered in line with Client requirements and SLA's as required
- Process completed orders to specified despatch requirements
- Understand, operate and manage vendor systems and interfaces to complete despatch processing as specified
- Any other task as reasonably requested by your line Manager
- Skills -
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge -
- Working knowledge of EXCEL / WORD
- Good working knowledge of logistic systems.
- Experience in working in a fast-moving pick pack and despatch environment
- Stock control experience required.
- Behaviour -
- Attitude (enthusiastic, positive approach etc.)
- Accountability (accepts responsibility for, and considers implications of own actions)
- Judgement (uses common sense, contributes to decision making as appropriate)
- Communication (listens and checks own understanding by careful questioning)
- Teamwork (able to work well with other people within and across teams)
- Flexibility (responds and adjusts to fluctuating workloads
For immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!