The Production Supervisor will assist the management team in the day to day running of the business's production lines including but not limited to assigning work, implementing and enforcing policies/procedures, recommending improvements in production processes, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions in order to successfully achieve positive results.
Motivate and obtain a one team approach from all team members, leading by example and help continue moving the business forward by promoting the business's core values.
Reporting into the Shift Manager the hours of work are 4 on 4 off permanent nights.
Main Duties of the role:
· Lead by example and inspire others to follow the company's guiding principles of safety, reliability, integrity, innovation, and service.
· Manage the day to day, developing and inspiring the team by promoting the businesses core values.
· Work closely with internal management to execute all planned programs.
· Be the Responsible Person' on site in the absence of a Shift Manager.
· Supervise and manage daily work of the departmental area of responsibility.
· Supervise the floor to execute the production plan according to efficiency and quality requirement.
· Responsible for reviewing performance trend data, identifying, and implementing line improvement activities.
· Communicate company information weekly to all team members within your area of responsibility.
· Understand goals and standards, implement department procedures to meet those standards, and promote them gaining positive results from teammates.
· Ensuring the Short Interval Control processes are completed throughout the shift and all resultant actions recorded and actioned.
· Accountable for ensuring the Visual management T Card System is updated / in use and 5S tasks are completed.
· Be actively involved within the Business Strategic (Continuous Improvement) projects
· Champion 'Safety Culture' and be an ambassador for Behavioural Based Safety.
· Report all H&S issues in line with business procedures.
· Develop and recommend measures to improve safety, production, efficiency.
· Ensure all Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work are reviewed and kept relevant in line with current working practices.
· Review near miss / incident data and metrics to identify trends and recommend corrective action to address these areas within production area as required.
· Conduct safety related Toolbox Talks / Focus Briefs
· Establish, monitor, and maintain all appropriate quality procedures to assure compliance to the business and customer specifications.
· Ensure all quality related information for regulatory reviews and reporting is fully documented and maintained.
· Adhere to business GMP's (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
· Document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarise re-work and waste accordingly.
· Assist and support Quality Systems management in the conduct of daily operations within production area as required.
· Establish and enforce the use of standardised operating processes and procedures to ensure consistent quality while minimizing cost.
· Analytical ability to understand production line efficiency's regarding labour, machinery, and production methods.
· Accountable for ensuring all production lines run to the standard settings and target speeds.
Training & Improvements
· Be an active team player engaging in cross functional working across the business, enabling faster decision making, increased innovation and improving problem solving.
· Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable workforce.
· Provide coaching / corrective action, training, and development to team members.
· Provide assistance, coaching and guidance to line employees; fostering an environment that allows them to accomplish daily tasks and achieve goals.
· Help with the timely and efficient execution of the maintenance needs to avoid breakdowns and downtime, raising works requests as required within a timely manner.
· Assist in the search, selection, and recruitment of new staff members ensuring the correct staffing levels and skill set are employed throughout the production area.
Person specification - Who you need to be
· Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times.
· Great attention to detail
· Excellent management skills
· Innovative thinker
· Organised and calm under pressure
· Friendly, approachable, and flexible - a team player
· Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates "can do" attitude
· Commercially aware
· Leads by example, but effective delegator.
Our Values: Our compass for our choices and decisions
· We try to do the right thing -
· We provide a safe environment for everyone to work and prosper
· We think it is important to be responsible and to work with integrity
· We are a humble bunch driven to do good business and the right thing for people and planet
· We believe in people -
· We trust our team members to do their best and we share feedback regularly
· We value everyone's opinions and we share ideas because we are open minded
· We have a family spirit. We think about how we make each other feel and we build real relationships because being yourself at work is important
· We like to challenge the status quo -
· Thinking differently is in or DNA. We are curious and we embrace and drive change when we know there is a better way, at pace.
· Sometimes we are disruptive in a good way and we are never afraid to try.
· We love a challenge and finding new solutions to existing problems.
· We are resourceful and we pursue growth and learning to create the conditions to win.
· We work together -
· We know that working together will help us reach our goals faster.
· Collaboration and cross-pollination will drive our success.
· We don't believe in siloes and we are always looking for way to help each other.
· We like to have fun and get to know each other better.
· We look for ways to raise the BAR -
· 'Good enough' isn't good enough for us. We are always looking for ways to do more, be better and improve.
· We're determined, passionate and optimistic. We are always exploring how to do it better because we care.
· We won't take no for an answer if we think there's a better was and we're always open to challenge.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available