A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their experience with a dynamic and rapidly as Production Supervisor for our client who is a ready-made sandwich company. This role is being recruited for on a full-time, permanent basis in Avonmouth.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor who is looking to work for a company with huge growth potential.
The objective of the role is to plan, manage, direct and review team resources within relevant areas to achieve performance targets and departmental objectives, using KPI's and effective communication to focus team working and drive continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for:
- Labour and Material Control.
- Responsible for achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPI's). Examples of which would be plan attainment, customer service, OEE.
- To ensure adherence to targets and plans, identifying root cause for not achieving targets and taking remedial action. Analysis and trending of downtime to identify improvement opportunities.
- Report any material rejections trends and resolve/ escalate where appropriate.
- Measure and closely monitor material usage to ensure waste and give away is within tolerance.
- Effective Labour management in line with production plans.
- People Performance and Development.
- Ensuring effective communication to team via Huddles and Team Briefings.
- Responsible for driving individual's performance on the line.
- Monitoring timekeeping and attendance, ensuring completion of RTW interviews and absence management.
- Identification and development of key skills within the area to ensure succession planning.
- Supporting new starters to integrate into the area and ensure they understand expectations.
- Ensuring compliance with HR policies and ensuring disciplinary and grievance policies are followed where necessary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Quality and Food Safety, in relation to product quality, technical integrity and food safety through GMP, adherence to specification and process controls.
You will also be responsible for Health and Safety within area and ensuring team adherence to H&S policies and procedures, whilst supporting Risk Assessments, SSOP's and the proactive identification of H&S hazards.
Essential criteria our client is looking for:
- Supervisory experience within similar environment.
- Ability to develop and coach a team of direct reports.
- Experience of driving and delivering targets and KPI's.
- People Management skills - experience of managing performance, managing area training, motivating and leading teams, leading by example, effective communication (at all levels).
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, able to drive changes and sustainable improvement.
- Team Player - support peers/team, support departments particularly through peak periods and holidays.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of food production and HACCP control. HACCP level 3.
- Supervisory experience ideally in FMCG and ideally with a minimum of one year within chilled food environment.
- ILM or equivalent 1st line management qualification.
- Train the trainer qualification.
Salary for this opportunity is £30k-£35k plus good company benefits.
You will be required to work 5 days' per week (either Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday shift). Shifts generally start 7am-8am, working 8/10 hour shifts.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Production Supervisor (Food)
- Avonmouth, Bristol
- £30000 - £35000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 14 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their experience with a dynamic and rapidly as Production Supervisor for our client who is a ready-made sandwich company. This role is being recruited for on a full-time, permanent basis in Avonmouth. This is a ve... Read More
- Northampton, Northamptonshire
- £9.50 - £14.25 per hour
- 5 days ago
Barker Ross are looking for food production operatives to work for our client based in Round Spinney, Northampton. Pay: £9.50 per hour Hours: Flexible shifts available, i you can't see your preferred shift below please still get in touch as we might be able to accommodate hours you are ... Read More
PM Food Production Operative
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £10.40 per hour
- 11 days ago
Barker Ross is currently looking for a Food Production Operatives for one of our clients - one of the UK's leading cheese manufacturer. On going, full time work with permanent opportunities and an immediate start available. Free transport to site is provided Afternoon shift: 14:30 - 22:... Read More
Food Production Operatives
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £8.97 - £13.45 per hour
- 13 days ago
WE ARE RECRUITING! BarkerRoss Milton Keynes are currently recruiting for food production operatives to work for a plant-based food company based in Milton Keynes! If you are looking for ongoing temp-perm Monday-Friday work and want to work with a great company, please apply below! About... Read More
Food Production Operative
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £9.30 - £10.50 per hour
- 14 days ago
Barker Ross Milton Keynes are currently recruiting for food production operatives to work for a fun friendly company based in Kingston, Milton Keynes! Shifts Days 4 on 4 off 0600-1800 Nights 4 on 4 off 1800-0600 Pay Rates Days - £9.30-£9.50ph Nights - £10.30-£10.50ph As a food productio... Read More