Position Production Supervisor
Salary up to £35K, plus contributory pension and benefits
One of the largest suppliers of world foods in the UK that deliver into Restaurants, Retailers and Foodservice operators has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Production Supervisor. This is a full time; permanent opportunity and you will join the team at their London Head Office (NW).
- Efficient management of all aspects of the cook production, including storage, preparation, and cooking.
- Responsible for managing all operations and new products as we grow.
- Effectively lead and ensure the team delivers and maintains the highest quality of standards.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Plan the production schedule and organize workflow to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Oversee and review the production process and production schedule, looking for efficiencies and economies.
- Establish internal quality standards and ensure standards are maintained.
- Manage labour costs always ensuring appropriate levels of staff cover. Approve rota. Make sure annual leave is taken in line with company policy and guidelines
- Set production targets for shift output, ensuring they are achievable, and staff are informed and trained on requirements
- Continuously drive improvements working to a "get it right first-time" approach to all tasks
- Lead on ensuring all staff are trained and able to deliver what is expected of them in their role. Report any training needs to the manager and collaborate with the Manager to achieve objectives
Our ideal candidate
- Previous supervisory or management experience, ideally within a food environment
- Experience in running a TRE / Frozen / Chilled or Ready Meal Operation
- Good financial awareness and experience of budget management
- Quality and H&S conscious
- Food & Hygiene Qualification, understanding of HACCP management system
- £32,000 to £35,000 per annum basic salary
- 28 days holiday including statutory days
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression