A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Production Supervisor at food manufacturer based in the Coalville.
Objectives of Position:
- To provide career development opportunities in line with the company's growth plans
- Continually improve on customer product expectations and service levels
- Increase annual growth of capacity and profits by embracing changes implemented to achieve this growth
- To promote and implement the company's Health and Safety Policy
- To ensure all personnel are assessed, trained and developed to their full potential.
- To formally structure personnel to optimise performance.
- To motivate staff through communication and information
- To discipline staff that fall below the expected standards.
- HACCP/IFS/RSPO & HALAL implementation
- Conformity of outgoing goods to specification
- Full compliance with Food Safety legislation
- Minimise customer complaints through good controls e.g., glass register.
- Implementation of Company Health and Safety Policy
- Control and documentation of production disciplines and procedures
- Adherence to administrative procedures that impact on production functions.
- To ensure production planning maximises efficiency.
- To embrace and implement improvement through the introduction of equipment/machinery.
- To review procedures and methods of working so as to improve performance.
- To maintain hygiene standards that comply with all relevant legislation and company rules.
- To implement systems of control to ensure those standards are met.
- Managers are always responsible for the implementation of the company's Health and Safety Policy. All members of the management team shall:
- Understand the company's health and safety policy.
- Set a positive personal example.
- Identify and organise appropriate training for staff.
- Actively promote a positive environmental culture throughout their areas of responsibility
- Ensure the policy is implemented properly and that any delegated duties are performed correctly.
- Ensure that all agreed actions are implemented as soon as practicable.
- Suspend any work or other activity that is considered to constitute an immediate danger. The circumstances should then be fully investigated, and no work shall be allowed to continue until the appropriate remedial action have been implemented.
- Ensure that regular health and safety inspections are carried out and that environmental issues are actively managed and controlled.
- Ensure that the overall performance of each site is discussed at regular intervals (morning meetings and Board meetings being the vehicle for discussion to take place)
- Report any problems or improvements to this policy to the appropriate Director.
- To ensure that the procedures in place are adhered too and that staff are trained to the expected level of competence.
The required candidate will have the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Customers' orders orientated business
- Food production experience advantageous
- Supervisor experience ideal but full training will be provided
- Team Leader experience also acceptable.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday daylight hours 5am - 3pm.
Starting salary for this role is £25,000 depending on experience
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available