A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Production Supervisor at bakery based in the Loughborough area.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To lead, manage and develop your team to work safely, effective and efficiently to service our customer with the best possible product. To follow and develop processes to ensure our customers receive the correct product on time and in full. To drive a culture of continuous improvement; empowering your team to improve performance, increase and maintain quality, reduce waste and delivery your departments KPIs.
To communicate effectively to both your team and your stakeholders, including Hygiene, Technical, Engineering, Stores, Finishing and Loading, Barrow / Glenfield through all means of communication.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Occupational Health and Safety ('there is nothing we do at work that is worth getting hurt for')
- To ensure you and your team actively seek and report all Near Misses
- To report all accidents & incidents, following company procedures.
- To ensure all prestart checks are complete in a timely manner
- Ensure equipment is safe, and report any issues effectively
- To investigate accidents / incidents
- Ensure all products are produced to specification
- Ensure all production processes and controls are adhered too
- Ensure GMP standards are met and factory is always audit ready
- Paperwork adherence (KPI's, pre-start checks and technical data)
- Management of raw ingredients, to ensure minimal wastage
- Work effectively to reduce the risk of both cross contamination and foreign body contamination
- Take an active role throughout audits and high-profile visits
- Ensure SIC boards and kept up to date every hour
- To ensure all staff are fully trained on their duties
- To communicate with your shift manager, finishing and loading
- To keep training matrix up to date and audit ready
- To deputise for your Shift Manager if/when required
- To Liaise with agency suppliers and feedback on performance
- To minimise and report on waste figures
- Ensure all paperwork is completed on time in full
- Recording all information throughout the working day
- Responsible for ingredient counting and stock rotation.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work with cross functional departments in order to meet company goals
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive and calm attitude
- Working to high standards, driving continuous improvement.
- Work enthusiastically and tenaciously to achieve goals. Willing to take initiative, co-operate with decision-making and act on issues as product quality.
- Planning your own time and your team time, to ensure all operations are carried out as effectively as possible.
- Ensure you and your team follow company processes and procedures.
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good IT skills, ability to work with Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Team Leadership experience with the food industry.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday daylight hours 5am - 3pm.
Salary for this role is £32,000 - £35,000.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Supervisor / Assistant Manager
- Loughborough, Leicestershire
- £23000 - £25000 per annum
- 15 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Supervisor/Assistant Manager at bakery based in the Loughborough area. Objectives of Position: To provide career development opportunities in line with the company's growth plans Continually improve on customer product expectations and service le... Read More