Opportunities have arisen for an ambitious professionals' to implement their experience as Production Shift Manager's for our client who is a market leading bakery and food company. These roles are being recruited for on a full-time, permanent basis in Dunstable.
Key tasks within the role:
- Oversee the production processes, manage the day-to-day production schedule, and ensure all production functionality is cost effective.
- Ensure the production schedule is updated regularly and any changes are discussed and agreed with the planning team.
- To be able to complete the production planning and scheduling in the absence of the Factory Manager, including prioritising key products (stock shortages, flavoured products).
- To be the process equipment champion on shift.
- Maximising performance by ensuring operational targets are met through structured delivery of KPIs whilst maintaining high standards of quality, ensuring customer specification in line with site CCP, GMP and H&S.
- Maintaining standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping in the bakery and warehouse through Good Manufacturing Practice to ensure that customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met.
- Ensure all HACCP requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure safe systems of work are adhered to at all times and any accidents and incidents are investigated.
- Oversee the hygiene processes to ensure the factory is cleaned to a high standard in line with agreed specifications and compliance with current legislation and industry best practice.
- Actively coach, develop and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business whilst creating a multi-skilled workforce.
- To identify training requirements and the development of training plans with the Factory Manager. Identify gaps in procedures and implement / modify the Standard Operating Procedures to cover gaps.
- Manage the training process, ensuring all relevant training requirements are planned and carried out effectively.
- Embrace and encourage a continuous improvement culture.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the fundamentals of food production and HACCP controls. You will have supervisory experience ideally in FMCG and ideally with a minimum of two years' within bakery or food production environment.
We are recruiting for both Days and Nights candidates, with one vacancy for each of the four shift patterns.
The Day Shifts are from Sunday to Wednesday OR Wednesday to Saturday- 7am - 7pm and the Nights Shifts are Sunday to Wednesday OR Wednesday to Saturday - 7pm - 7am
During screening we will discuss your preferred shift, the shift patterns available are from the following:
Salary for this opportunity is c£46k (days) and c£49k (nights), plus bonus scheme, pension and overtime.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!