An opportunity has arisen for a Production Engineer at an automotive manufacturer based in Bedfordshire.
The Production Engineer must have experience of programming offline for CNC lathes, routing experience and tooling and will work within an ISO 9001 environment, to provide an effective service to manufacturing on production and handling methods. To maintain a supply of tools, CNC programs and equipment necessary to achieve an efficient production process. To provide and set standards for direct labour times.
Summary of Duties
- Determine all manufacturing methods of new products together with the individual operational standard time.
- Produce and amend programs for all CNC machines using CAM systems and produce associated set-up sheets and tooling lists.
- Examine new machine tools, cutting tools and associated media and processes through journals, visiting other users and attending exhibitions.
- Investigate and prepare justification for capital equipment.
- Select and co-ordination of suitable sub-contract sources, with accountability for quality, price and delivery.
- Train and assist engineers and other employees such as operators and apprentices.
- Be involved in cross-functional project teams in improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process.
- Examine other activities that is services to production and to recommend changes for improved productivity.
- Lead in the introduction of new machine tools, providing support to the shop floor during the initial periods.
- Design jigs, fixtures and tooling equipment necessary for production.
- Manual lifting requirements up to 20kgs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Working to engineering drawings at ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of metal cutting, turning and milling/drilling.
- Competent in programming CNC machine tools, using CAM.
- Demonstrable experience of process planning products through the manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- HNC in Production Engineering - Essential
- HND in Production Engineering - Desired
The salary for this position is dependent on experience.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday (8am to 4.30pm), Friday (8am to 3pm). We are looking for flexibility to cover the shop floor shift which is 2.30pm to 11pm (ad-hoc).
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Rutland, England
- £9.17 - £11.00 per hour + overtime available
- 13 days ago
Barker Ross is currently recruiting for Machine Operators to join our client bases in Rutland. They are an established manufacturer who are looking for staff on a temporary to permanent basis to be trained to run their machines on a temporary to permanent basis. Shift pattern: Rotating ... Read More