Our client is an international leading manufacturer of special purpose engineering products based in South Leicestershire. Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit a permanent Production & Product Design Engineer .
The Production & Product Design Engineer will be required to support the R&D department in meeting the company design deliverable standards. You will be responsible for taking the conceptual mechanical design, to produce, and deliver the mechanical design package to the projects team. You will also be responsible for ensuring all mechanical designs are compliant with legislative and class requirement. Additionally, you would be required to liaise and provide support to both procurement and quality departments as required. The role will also involve supporting the shop floor to either improve manufacturing processes or introduce new ones. This side of the role requires from time to time an "hands-on" approach, hence the need for the candidate to feel confident when a practical approach is required. Knowledge in production engineering would also be a bonus to fulfil these requirements.
Additionally, to the above, he/she will be responsible for supporting the Custom Projects and Customer Care teams in the following tasks:
- Customer technical assistance
- Commissioning (occasional travel required)
- On-site fault finding (occasional travel required)
This role is for a proactive and ambitious engineer that is keen to embrace an exciting and multidisciplinary role striving to succeed and make the difference in a market leading company.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Producing Design Presentations including:
o CAD layout drawings
o 3D CAD Assemblies
- Product technical documentation such as spec sheets works instructions and installation manuals
- Technical support, system diagnosis, fault finding and troubleshooting
- Provide customer facing technical support to both customers and the customer service team
- Assessing project requirements
- Problem solving
- Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- Liaising with suppliers
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques
- Planning and designing new production processes
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector
The ideal Production & Product Design Engineer candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 3 years' experience in mechanical design, R&D, production engineering.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- General electrical / electronic knowledge is a bonus
- Strong mechanical background
- Understanding and use of standards
- Understanding and use of tolerances such as geometric tolerances, shaft & bore, surface roughness
- Strong 3D and 2D CAD knowledge (preferably Solidworks)
- Effective technical and practical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Team working skills
- Highly organised individual
- Pro-active attitude, can manage own time
- High attention to detail
- Confident to communicate with all departments within business.
- Professional attitude, and confident to communicate directly with customers
- Enjoys taking on new challenges.
Minimum level required: Relevant degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Benefits for the Production & Product Design Engineer role include:
Salary is negotiable depending on experience but up to £35,000 per annum
25 days' holiday
Fun, sociable working environment
If you are interested in the Production & Product Design Engineer role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.