Product Support Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Product Support Engineer to join a reputable and successful manufacturer of specialist equipment to several sectors including construction, logistics and distribution. Through investment in staff, manufacturing equipment and technology they maintain an ongoing commitment to produce high-quality innovative products.
The primary duty is to support existing products in production. Key activities include problem solving, engineering change control, and designing solutions for customer options.
Although some flexibility will be required the working hours for this position are 08:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support existing Mobile Elevating Work Platform products in production
- Solve engineering problems relating to production line assembly problems, and engineering change requests with providing containment actions
- Support the Production Engineering and Design departments to implement solutions for customer options
- Prepare and maintain CAD models in Creo 7
- Produce Engineering drawings to BS8888
- Design and conduct experiments to solve 8D problems as part of the company's team-based problem solving methodology
- Support of customers and Sales Team with technical support.
- Resolve customer problems from our customer feedback system
Our Ideal Candidate
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline and have Engineering design experience in industry or have an Engineering HND and relevant experience in a relevant Engineering field
- An understanding of controls systems, structural design, hydraulics, packaging requirements and recognise the importance of good product quality
- Experience in support of product testing and development advantageous
- Experience of Creo 7 mechanical design package (or similar) for piece part and model assemblies
- Experience with Autocad 2D for mechanical design and electrical schematics would be advantageous
- Experience of Windchill PDMLink (or similar) would be advantageous
- Exposure to the Machinery Directive and familiarity of working with product standards would be advantageous.
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday (holiday entitlement increases with service)
- Annual bonus (on average £500 per annum)
- 5% Contributory Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Death in Service Life Insurance Scheme (2x Annual Salary)
- Free Company Lunches
- Free Company Family Days
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme