An opportunity has arisen for a Principal Engineer at a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services based in Coalville
The Principal Engineer for the MP Chamber Group will be responsible for providing Technical guidance and governance, enabling us to exceed our customers' expectations through the development of our products in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
- To assist MP Product Mangers in development of appropriate design specifications for new products and modifications to existing products.
- To drive sound engineering solutions for all chamber related NPD, and appropriate technical guidance to the wider MP group on crushing chambers.
- To support Quality Council process, and guide root cause analysis of component failures.
- To support the department in providing guidance to brand warranty teams on claims approval where necessary.
- To manage patent applications.
- To support the department in design / technology concept development and selection.
- Drive implementation of new technology into current and new products where this gives competitive advantage.
- To support group Engineering Manager in identifying and implementing cost effective design and technology alternatives to resolve field issues, ensuring appropriate maintenance and ongoing improvements to current product range.
- Mentor, coach and develop engineering talent as requested by Group Engineering manager.
- To manage specific projects as identified by group engineering manager.
- Provide training to Chamber team on Engineering principles.
- BEng Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in both strategic and tactical decision making.
- A proven and considerable track record in the design, development and successful launch to market of heavy machinery.
- Proven Leadership and Personnel Management skills.
- Familiarity with application of FEA (preferably Creo Simulate) and PDM
- Able to undertake reasonable travel both within UK and overseas.
- Hold a full driver's license.
- Chartered Member of IMECHE
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience of design and operation of jaws, cones and impact crushers.
- A strong motivator, you will be fully conversant on modern design practices and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Capable of gaining agreement and acceptance for new technologies and standards - a collaborative leader who is able to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
- Self-starter, able to manage a varied workload and adapt plans accordingly to suit changing priorities.
- A person who has a proven track record in utilising people effectively and managing performance against committed deliverables.
- Negotiation skills - ability to influence at all levels.
Shifts are Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 5pm and Friday 8:30am - 2pm
Salary is £45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience plus bonus
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available