A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Estimator/Pre Contracts Manager at a construction steelworks company based in Leicestershire.
Purpose of the Role:
To manage the pre contract phase of the sales cycle, overseeing the creation of tender packages, from coordinating site surveys and initial design consultation, to formulating costs and producing and submitting quotations. Post order acceptance, liaising with relevant departments to undertake final technical data validation, planning the work package breakdown, project budgets and delivery schedule prior to contract handover to the production phase. During work lifecycle, checking actual costs to budgets and revising in liaison with Project Managers.
As this is a new position, the ability to develop front end pre-contract systems in accordance with existing accounts management software and workflow processes, and to be an integral part of the creation of a standard costing protocol throughout the business.
Manage activities of sales administrator.
- Can access incoming enquiries for suitability according to company capability and commercial requirements, before putting forward to the sales administrator to process.
- Can drive client interest during the initial enquiry stage of design and scope development and gain ultimate buy in through building strong client relationships and offering a professional and competent service.
- Has a reasonable knowledge of the design process and can discuss proposed scope with both client and our own design teams.
- Can accurately determine proposed contract costs, factoring in material, machinery and labour costs and approximate time to complete, producing comprehensive breakdowns, estimates and professional quotations for clients (from drawings only, or also surveys? Based on the margin requirements of the company.
- Has basic commercial contract knowledge to evaluate incoming contract documentation, raising potential issues to the QS for verification.
- Is adept at using internal processes and account management systems and can call on previous experience to develop new front end pre-contract processes and specified costing mechanisms.
- Can evaluate own and others' estimated quantities for accuracy against client BoQ and produce realistic contract budgets, material lists (BOM) and workable schedules. Can breakdown client billing items into feasible work packages for ease of process throughout and pass to sales administrator for entry onto systems prior to contract handover.
- Can develop a strong contract handover process and chair/manage the weekly NOR meetings monitoring sales horizon lead time to ensure that realistic delivery dates are quoted to the customers and that the capacity plan is managed and achievable.
- Has a good knowledge of material procurement processes and keeps abreast of material price trends, regularly checking new supplier opportunities. Can negotiate deals through strong supplier relationships.
Hours of work are Mon to Friday 9am - 5pm, the salary for this role is £45,000 depending on experience.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Hampshire, England
- £70000 - £90000 per annum
- 30 days ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor We are recruiting for a one of the largest privately-owned waste management companies in the South of England and a leading demolition specialist nationwide. They have a 400-strong team operating from nine recycling facilities across five counties and contracts ... Read More
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Up to £50000 per annum + + Car Allowance and Package
- 9 days ago
Quantity Surveyor - MMC Offsite Construction - Leeds - £50K, Car Allowance + Package Company A forward-thinking company within the MMC sector develops Modular Homes that's needed for the UK to fix its property crisis and deliver a housing market that caters equally to all members of soc... Read More