Plant Operations Engineer - Nottingham, NG2
Barker Ross is recruiting on behalf of our client in Nottingham for a Plant Operations Engineer.
Salary - £42,683
Role - Full time, Permanent.
Shift pattern - Rotating shifts 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm and 10pm - 6am
This role will include a pension and additional benefits.
Training will be provided before moving onto your own shift pattern.
My client operates a district heating scheme to 5,000 domestic and commercial properties and a private wire network supplying commercial properties.
Working for one of the largest district heating schemes in the UK, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the heating scheme. Utilising an 11.3MW Condensing Steam Turbine, you'll be maximising the generation of electricity whilst maintaining steam and heat requirements for the District Heating and auxiliary
Plant Operations Engineer role:
- To be responsible for the safe operation and control of the Steam Turbine Alternator. Carry out high voltage switching. Synchronise the alternator / station to the grid.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant during start up shutdown and emergency situations.
- Responsible for maximising the availability of the plant and taking proactive measures to improve plant reliability.
- Build and maintain a culture of team work where team members can and want to contribute to their full potential.
- Participate in outage planning, scheduling and co-ordination.
- To be responsible for the installation and commissioning of new equipment in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager.
Plant Operations Engineer Criteria:
- 5 years' experience within a similar role
- Mechanical or electrical background
- Experience within a CHP, EFW, District heating or energy environment
- Punctual and reliable
If you are interested in the Plant Operations Engineer please apply today!
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.