We are recruiting for paint technicians to join our client based in Shenley Church End, Milton Keynes.
This is a permanent role from day one.
You will report to Team / Cell Leaders and your responsibilities will be:
* Interpreting technical & safety data sheets to ensure;
- Correct coverage and gloss level achieved
- Correct mix of ratios of paints, thinners & hardeners are achieved
* Understanding spray / powder gun functions & able to strip down clean and re-assemble;
* Setting up spray / powder guns and equipment to compensate for;
- Different type of surface (bare metal/ undercoat/rework);
- Different paint types & viscosities
* Powdering direct to bare metal from a provided set process, and to undercoat components to achieve 'Right First Time' results;
* Spraying 2K topcoats over wet primers achieving 'Right First Time' results;
* Completing various planned Maintenance tasks on all Paint Spraying, Powder Coating & Preparation equipment;
* Achieving high quality standards on both small jigged components to complex larger chassis';
* Maintain a clean environment within the department;
* Use correct/defined consumables for preparation & sanding of metal & polymer components before paint / powder application. Skilled in masking & reworking painted / powder coated parts;
* Booking on/off jobs, filling out timesheets, quality check sheets & labels correctly;
* Identifying material surface defects on parts prior paint / powder and repairing using adequate products;
* Masking, final paint / powder preparation, handling parts on and off paint / powder runways. Moving of chassis parts in and out of paint / powder booths / ovens.
Qualification and Experience:
Experience in spraying or powder coating to understand the effects of poor preparation and/or poor paint / powder application can have in terms of inconsistent film thickness, gloss levels, orange peel appearance & colour variations;
* And/or; Experience of wet painting primer and gloss and/or wet interzinc primer using airless, air assisted and hvlp systems, primer and gloss paint (2pack systems), preferably within a manufacturing or car industry;
* An appreciation of the Health & Safety hazards within a paint shop, specifically Isocyanates & flammable liquids. Experienced in using & maintaining air fed respiratory equipment;
* Experience of operating within a lean manufacturing/continuous improvement team environment;
* Shot blasting experience beneficial;
* Welding knowledge would be an added advantage, but not essential;
In return the company offer a competitive package including: competitive basic rate, plus overtime premiums, business performance bonuses, profit related bonus, contribution pension scheme, health care scheme, life insurance, 25 days holiday.
Monday-Friday 08:00AM - 16:30PM
£10.12 per hour
If you would like to be considered for the role please call us on 01908695959 opt 1 or send your CV to email@example.com
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Fire Alarm Engineer
- Westminster, London
- Up to £35000 per annum
- 29 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Fire Alarm Technician at a leading specialist in maintenance, repairs installation of various fire detection systems in civic buildings, high rise properties and care homes within the Home Counties and London area. Main Duties and Responsibilitie... Read More