An exciting opportunity has become available for a Packing Area Supervisor to join a company that is a Market Leader in Meat Processing. The role is full-time, permanent based at their site in Bedfordshire.
As a supervisor you will ensure you have the right people in the right places to enable the team to meet its objectives in an effective and efficient way. The work carried out in the area involves accurate and efficient boxing, labelling, scanning and movement of palletised products.
- Ensure your team adhere to Company policies and procedures, and escalate appropriately and in a timely manner if they don't, and support and develop those who wish to progress.
- Support the Packing Manager and Production Manager to ensure high standards and effective performance are maintained within the team - focusing on yield, waste reduction, quality and the standard of the product
- Responsible for the Safety and training of the team - maintaining good housekeeping standards in the area and ensuring staff work in a safe manner at all times and are adhering to safe working practices. Proactively seeking training opportunities for job rotation and upskilling the team.
- Responsible for ensuring the area is set up i.e. the co-ordination of inputs (boxes, labels, trays, strapping etc.) required for the activities to happen effectively
- Ensure all specifications are followed at all times
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Ability to communicate expectations and standards well with a multi lingual team, with an "eye for detail" and high standards and the ability to install these high standards in others
- Ability to implement HR, H&S and Quality policies
- Experience in building a positive team spirit
- Common sense approach in feeding back to Management any concerns that arise in the area, with a proactive approach to work, anticipating potential issues and dealing with them effectively
- Ability to record information accurately
- Organisational & time management skills, with the ability to prioritise, multitask & stay calm under pressure.
The working hours for this role is 6am - 3pm - Monday - Friday
The Salary for this position is paying up to £32,000
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!