Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Outreach Workers - Homelessness, Richmond, Kingston, Wandsworth and Sutton, 3-6 months, £13 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
To be responsible for the identification and verification of rough sleepers, in order for them to access appropriate services including accommodation, working with the rough sleeper to enable them to move away from living on the street.
To work as part of a team and deliver a good quality service based on the needs of the rough sleeper, working in partnership with stakeholders to deliver the best possible outcomes.
- To support the team to have an accurate picture of the number of people sleeping rough in the borough and the locations where it is believed they are sleeping.
- To work shift patterns and practices that reflect the rough sleeping habits that may exist. This will include working early mornings and or late nights across the weekend as required.
- To support your team to make contact with people sleeping rough.
- To record rough sleeping verification records and link clients into the Integrated Outreach Team for follow up work.
- To accurately assess the needs of verified rough sleepers in your area of work
- To actively monitor CHAIN and InForm records, ensuring that each contact and assessment is recorded in accordance with the CHAIN and InForm recording guidance
- To ensure effective hand over from Weekend work to the Team in order that accommodation can be progressed when not on shift
- To identify any issues of risk and to ensure effective handover to the Integrated Outreach Team
- To maintain constructive working relationships with other service providers, businesses and community groups in the borough and proactively promote awareness of the Service.
- In the event of non-engagement with Outreach/Support services or consistent engagement in negative street activities, to work collaboratively with enforcement agencies.
- Manage and deliver the service in line with contract requirements and sub-contracting arrangements and actively participate in promoting the service through client case studies and examples of best practice.
- To utilise the CHAIN and InForm databases fully as both an outcome measurement
Experience of working in street or community outreach services
Experience of delivering and administering an assertive case management approach
Experience of motivating complex and diverse client groups to engage with support
Ability to work as part of a team and to initiate and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, clients, the community, the police and other external agencies.
Ability to broker relationships with services and develop pathways to enable clients to make and sustain positive change.
Demonstrable ability to record and report work to a good standard, using IT systems as well as written records.
Knowledge of the services and legislative environment regarding housing, health, work and immigration as it relates to homeless people.
An ability to support outreach volunteers and peer mentors in outreach shifts
A clean driving licence and, where possible, access to a vehicle
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Resident Support Worker - Rough Sleepers / Homelessness
- Kingston upon Thames, London
- Up to £27700 per annum
- 22 days ago
Our client supports rough sleepers and clients with a history of homelessness. They provide various types of housing and support to vulnerable people. Position Available: Resident Support Worker - Rough Sleepers / Homelessness (Kingston ), 3-6 month fixed term contract - with possibilit... Read More
Resettlement Worker - Kings Cross
- City of London, London
- Up to £13.35 per hour
- 19 days ago
Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Available: Resettlement Worker - Kings Cross, 37.5 hours a week, £13.35 per hour, temporary 1... Read More
Project Worker - Complex Needs (North London)
- North London, London
- Up to £11.71 per hour
- 9 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.... Read More
Refuge Worker -Domestic Violence (Sutton)
- Sutton, London
- Up to £12.37 per hour
- about 11 hours ago
Our client provides various kinds of support to women and children in need. Position Available: Refuge Worker -Domestic Violence (Sutton), £12.37 per hour, 37.5 hrs per week Role Purpose: This post if for Sutton Floating support worker - 39 hours per week. Outreach Face to face support ... Read More
Residential Children's Support Worker
- Bingham, Nottinghamshire
- £09.00 - £10.91 per hour
- 28 days ago
Residential Children's Support Worker Location: Bingham, Nottingham Salary: £9.00 - £10.91 per hour Job type: Permanent Hours: Days and sleep in's Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Chi... Read More