Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Outreach Workers - Homelessness, Kingston, 3-6 months, £25kpa, 37.5 hours per week
Responsible for delivering outreach services for single homeless people
- Provide an effective needs led service for clients throughout their engagement , in line with policies and procedures
- Conduct regular outreach work in order to identify and make contact with rough sleepers, carrying out verification where necessary
- Work with allocated clients to assess their needs and secure appropriate accommodation
- Ensure that allocated clients have access to specialist services as required, utilising both internal and external resources
- Assist clients with finances, including benefit claims and debt issues, liaising with appropriate agencies
- Maintain a working knowledge of available resources for clients, especially accommodation providers, to ensure the greatest choice of suitable referral agencies for service users
- Maximise the opportunities available for clients through development of partnerships with external providers
- Work with a team of volunteers to manage the Rough Sleeper helpline triage system
- Participate in staff management and support systems in line with policies and procedures, including induction, supervision, appraisal and training audits
- Contribute to regular team meetings
- Maintain a safe and appropriate physical environment for staff and service users, in conjunction with the Health and Safety Representatives
- Undertake assessments and casework with clients seeking support, ensuring an integrated approach to the support provision
- Participate in regular reviews of clients' cases - where relevant involving partner agencies and other services
- Develop positive working relationships with clients in order to facilitate the best possible outcomes and to address issues of social isolation and exclusion
- Maintain accurate records of work undertaken
- Work as part of the Outreach Team to devise and contribute to new initiatives for the service
- Liaise and work with all internal stakeholders to deliver an effective service
- Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post
- A clean and current UK driving licence is prefered (not compulsory) with use of own vehicle
- Relevant recent experience, either paid or voluntary, working with homeless people or rough sleepers - specifically outreach
- Able to carry out shifts work (no weekends)
- A knowledge of the issues affecting single homeless people
- An understanding of the causes of, and pathways out of, homelessness
- Experience of care and support systems for homeless people, including key working, care planning and joint working
- Experience of conducting client assessments and interviews
- The ability to work with clients who may display challenging behaviour
- The ability to work within a team and on your own initiative
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.