A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their experience as Operations Manager with a leading UK supplier of plastics and related materials. This role is on a full-time, permanent basis in Bedford.
As the Operations Manager, you will successfully lead a small team of 7 employees. You will motivate team members, coach, mentor and develop staff.
It is ideal for the candidate to be possess KPI management experience, have a strict focus on productivity, possess stock control experience, be IT literate, have knowledge of quality systems management, drives sickness levels, drives people development and inspires your team.
You will be agile and pro-active with an innovative mindset enabling you to craft smart objectives and solutions. You will also have excellent time management skills enabling you to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines.
Experience gained within a warehouse/plastics background is highly advantageous. The company is fast-paced, ambitious in their goals, and often adapt to changing priorities to ensure they support their business in delivering a high level of service to their customers.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager include:
- Coach, mentor and develop staff.
- Keep up to date Equipment Training Records.
- Manage the maintenance of all machinery, equipment, and vehicles.
- Carry out Risk Assessments and enforce H&S rules and regulations as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of booking in procedures.
- Ensure quality and efficiency of movement and/or storage of goods storage.
- Plan and monitor the dispatch of customer orders.
- Manage the routing and tracking of delivery vehicles (SAS routing software).
- Identify operational issues and opportunities for improvements.
- Operate within COSHH guidelines and be aware of COSHH forms for Chemicals on site.
- Liaise with the administrator and/or Sales rep to ensure all documentation is completed accurately and kept up to date.
- Ensure adequate First Aid is always available.
- Autonomously make key decisions.
Salary for this opportunity is £32k-£34k plus company benefits.
You will receive access to a variety of their excellent benefits which include, unlimited bonus, profit share-point, free parking, contributory pension 6% plus 6%, 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and a progression programme.
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm.
For immediate consideration apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Leicestershire, England
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
- 8 days ago
A well-established haulage, warehousing and pallet distribution services business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport General Manager to join their expanding business in the Leicester region on a full time, permanent basis. This is a real opportunity to shape and de... Read More
Airfreight Key Account Manager
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- £28000 - £30000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 4 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Airfreight Key Account Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Bradford. This is a truly excitin... Read More
Supply Chain Manager (3PL)
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- £45000 - £50000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 15 days ago
A great opportunity has become available for a Supply Chain Manager to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Bradford. This is a truly an exciting time to join a company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL and... Read More
Senior Terminal Operator
- East Midlands, England
- £50000 - £60000 per annum + plus car allowance, bonus etc.
- 10 days ago
A well respected and established supply chain and distribution business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Terminals Operator (Rail Freight) who is looking to take that next important career step. You will join an expanding, dynamic business with specialism in contain... Read More