Our client is an international leading manufacturer of special purpose engineering products based in South Leicestershire. Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit a permanent NPI Engineering Project Co-ordinator.
The NPI Engineering Project Co-ordinator role will initially report directly to the Group Managing Director and will be responsible for coordinating all New Product Introduction (NPI). You will own and manage the NPI process, Bill of Materials (BoM) and all those ancillaries processes required to successfully support related activities by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. You will balance trade-offs to maximise enterprise perspective and customer focus while planning and executing significant activities. You will always have a strong collaborative and proactive approach to both support and increase the company's growth.
Key functionalities are:
- To oversee the NPI process with the relevant stakeholders as well as maintaining and improving the process.
- Project coordination & management of business initiatives, including sales executions, brand updates, manufacturing changes, overstocks, NPI, packaging etc.
- Ownership of all project. Cradle to grave cycle management of NPI and change management.
- General project coordination and management of cross-functional projects.
- Regular reporting of project updates, risks and upcoming deliverables.
- Hold regular team project status reviews for individual projects. Update project metrics. Refocus teams as necessary to ensure project requirements are met.
- Maintain an overview of all assigned projects and communicate status with management.
- Hold and lead project gate reviews in line with project timing and NPI process requirements and meet all deliverables on time.
- Understand and comply with customer project and related contractual requirements.
- Participate in corrective action requests, root cause analysis, and problem solving teams related to issues affecting the project.
- Update the project management plan, track progress, identify potential problems early, and resolve issues with the team promptly.
- Document the activities and issues that surface in the meetings, and distribute this to internal and external team members.
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency of the NPI Team by identifying and recommending new approaches, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Resolve internal issues by assuming ownership of problems, strategizing with affected departments, and selecting and implementing solutions.
- Possess the ability to work with functional areas and conduct detail-planning meetings to develop their detailed activities and schedule. Works with Operations, Purchasing and Engineering to determine the logical source of supply for product components and orders for prototype material.
- Manages to complete its work assignments and coordinates work with others, assisting peers within the group and promoting a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Develop and maintain BoM related knowledge/capability in line with Systems & Processes.
- Leading the audit of Engineering BoMs vs Manufacturing BoM vs actual build, noting significant errors that may result in shortages or cost discrepancies, communicating as appropriate and updating Engineering BoMs as required.
- Maintaining BoMs to capture engineering changes, procurement or supplier changes, general updates, BoM maturity etc. distribute to the team and help feed into MRP system by providing support as required.
- Help to define and agree with the Engineering Team the drawing requirements to support initial drawing release.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders including Engineering, to ensure that BoM lists are constantly maintained and evolve in line with recent modifications or changes.
- Provide support for other key areas where necessary.
- Track changes from inception through to full BoM implementation.
The ideal NPI Engineering Project Co-ordinator candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work amongst a wide variety of functions and management levels
- Communicates accurately, clearly, and directly in both verbal and written form both internally and externally
- Experience of 2D & 3D CAD is an advantage
- Understanding of product/process development, verification and validation techniques and tools
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA is an advantage
- Practical advanced knowledge of change management and problem-solving
- The person is results-driven and demonstrates a sense of urgency for meeting multiple concurrent commitments
- Effectively works with changing priorities and follows up on tasks and assignments
- Holds the project team and oneself accountable for achieving the results expected by stakeholders and customers
- Has a clear understanding of customer needs and expectations and provide support to seeks improvements in customer service
- Successfully negotiates and resolves critical internal and external issues for mutual win-win results
- Strong Leadership attributes
- Strong "can do" attitude and work ethic
- An organised and tidy approach to work
- Strong negotiator
- Excellent team management skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Great attention to detail
- High understanding of manufacturing businesses with a focus on premium products
- Contractual knowledge is an advantage
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Logistics processes
- MRP/ERP system experience
- Strong analytical skills
- IT Literate
Minimum level required: Graduate degree in Engineering (electronics or mechanical) or similar.
Benefits for the NPI Engineering Project Co-ordinator role include:
Salary is negotiable depending on experience but up to £35,000 per annum
25 days' holiday
Flexible remote working opportunity
Fun, sociable working environment
If you are interested in the NPI Engineering Project Co-ordinator role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Design & Innovation Manager
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £60000 - £70000 per annum + + Package
- 3 days ago
Design & Innovation Manager (R&D) - Steel Structural Components - Leeds - up to £70K + Package Company An industry leading manufacturer and designer of structural building components with over 35 years in the construction manufacturing industry Job Role As the Design & Innovation Manage... Read More
Creative Workflow Coordinator
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + 25 days holiday
- 16 days ago
Our client is an impressive corporate organisation designing print and digital collateral for a range of projects. Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit permanent or fixed term contract Creative Workflow Coordinators for their exciting new creative services team in Le... Read More
Designers and Senior Designers
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £30000 - £43000 per annum + 25 days holiday
- 16 days ago
Our client is an impressive corporate organisation designing print and digital collateral for a range of projects. Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit permanent or fixed term contract Designers for their exciting new creative services team in Leicester, who are an i... Read More