A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Nights Shift Manager to join a forward thinking and fast-growing food/FMCG company in the Park Royal area in London.
Our client has grown consistently and with growth always comes opportunities for those involved. Even with their growth, they still hold onto the values they instilled as a fledgling company. They not only pride themselves on what they produce, but they always endeavour to maintain a healthy environment to work in, which is clearly reflected in the retention levels of our staff across the company.
The Shift Manager will be charge of a factory team of around 40-50 staff, you will have the day to day responsibility for all the department within the operations, including the management and co-ordination of staff and the consistent fulfilment of daily production plans in line with all company quality procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To promote and support all Health and Safety initiatives, including accident report.
- To manage and motivate the team to hit KPI's.
- To set, measure and develop KPI's for your shift.
- Fulfil customer orders accurately and consistently.
- Always appreciate the importance of the associated paperwork and records and maintain them to a high standard.
- Manage and coordinate the staff efficiently and assist in daily staff planning by liaising directly with the demand planners and other Shift Managers.
- Manage all aspects of raw material usage and waste, actively looking to develop systems and processes which lead in reductions.
- Manage the selection and deployment of all permanent and temporary staff.
- Maintain the safe and efficient operation of all machines and equipment and pro-actively report any issues to the engineering team.
- Manage, train, mentor, coach and if necessary, discipline staff.
- Level 3 Food Safety (desirable).
- Level 3 HACCP (desirable).
- Previous Line Management skills.
- Fluent in English with very strong communication skills.
- IT skills required - Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years' experience in working in a quality led food manufacturing environment.
Salary is £35k-£40k plus pension and other excellent benefits.
You will work a 45 hour week on a 10pm to 7pm night shift.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Northamptonshire, England
- £35000 - £40000 per annum
- about 7 hours ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Manager to join a world-class 3PL and distribution business on a full-time, permanent basis in Northants. This is a truly exciting time to join the company, recognised as one of the top 10 global logistics providers, as the... Read More
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £40000 - £45000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 4 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for ambitious individuals to implement their professional experience as Planning Manager, with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Corby. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises i... Read More
Operations Manager (3PL)
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £42000 - £55000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 12 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Operations Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Corby, Northamptonshire. This is a truly exci... Read More
Customer Support Manager (Logistics)
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Up to £40000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 18 days ago
A great opportunity has become available for a Customer Support Coordinator available to a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Sheffield. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply C... Read More
100 x Warehouse Jobs at FRASERS - FREE TRANSPORT PROVIDED
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £8.65 - £10.50 per hour + +£60/week OT Bonus
- 12 days ago
100 x Warehouse Jobs at FRASERS - FREE TRANSPORT PROVIDED - REGULAR HOURS GUARANTEED & BONUSES AVAILABLE!! DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR THE UK'S LEADING NO. 1 SPORTS RETAILER? WE ARE RECRUITING! FREE TRANSPORT FROM NOTTINGHAM AVAILABLE!! Barker Ross Group are currently working with an employ... Read More