A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Multi Skilled Shift Technician at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in St Athan, South Wales.
All technicians will be responsible for the day-to-day Preventative Maintenance of Production Equipment and Building Fabric requirements across the estate working within a multi-disciplined maintenance team being led by Maintenance Management. The individual should be self-motivated, ensuring the client receives the best service, whilst having a common-sense approach to the development of a Planned & Preventative Maintenance plan with the necessity of ensuring Production Equipment Up- Time being a pre-requisite of this role.
You will also be responsible for supporting improving, implementing and maintaining existing & new
technical processes and procedures and will lead & maintain Health and Safety standards in line with
all site requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all work performed maintenance is always carried out in a safe manner and to comply with relevant Health & Safety regulations.
- Follow PPM Schedule and raise any improvements that can be made to reduce breakdown or reactive calls.
- Repair and maintain all automation, production & building fabric equipment and machinery in a timely and efficient manner based on criticality to production stoppage.
- To manage, support and improve the current Planned Maintenance System's and further develop into either the site operating system that incorporates preventative maintenance schedules for infrastructure assets & Reactive Cases.
- To participate in the implementation of contingency procedures for asset breakdowns.
- To identify opportunities for implementing improvements to working processes and assets. Undertake or assist with their implementation.
- Ensure that maintenance operations are undertaken in a safe manner ensuring that:
- All necessary risk assessments and method statements are adhered to.
- All necessary current best practice data are understood and used.
- To apply both client & company working practices where stipulated and, where necessary, develop, or assist in the development of new practices.
- To understand customer quality needs and to comply with the various audit processes to ensure that expectations are met.
- To interface if necessary with subcontractors and client management interfaces on a regular basis.
- To support if necessary an "out of hours" reactive maintenance function working with the site-based maintenance & technical team &/or Sub-contractors for all aspects of critical plant and equipment
Required Formal Qualifications
- ONC or NVQ in Engineering Maintenance
- Electrical and/or Mechanical formal qualification
- NVQ or equivalent in Automation
- IPAF - for access equipment
- HNC in a maintenance discipline
- Electrical LV Systems
- Comau or ABB Robots and AGV
- 18th Edition electrical training
- Fault Finding capability and problem resolution techniques
- With Electrical bias but with both electrical/mechanical maintenance knowledge
- Microsoft Office packages - including Word, and Excel
- Basic PLC programming capability (predominantly Siemens)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience post apprenticeship or "off-the-job" training in a similar environment
- Working as part of a technical facility department of multiskilled technicians.
- Maintenance in a large modern manufacturing facility
- Competency of using MEWP
- Working in a fast-acting automotive production environment
The Shift Technicians will be required to work a flexible shift pattern that will start as a day shift for 1 month for familiarisation, followed by a day/afternoon shift but would ideally be flexible to work night shift to suit the production demands of the client.
Salary for this role is £32,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Heavy Engineering)
- Shepshed, Leicestershire
- £42000 - £43000 per annum
- 12 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer at a Shepshed based global metal manufacturing company. The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all plant and equipment is maintained to maximise operating efficiencies. Reporting to the Engine... Read More
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- £35000 - £36000 per annum
- 8 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an HGV / Van Technician at an automotive franchise based in Peterborough. We currently have a position for a HGV / Van Technician to join our team. The Technician will be responsible for: Ensuring the most efficient and highest possible standard of... Read More
- Selby, North Yorkshire
- Up to £33280 per annum
- 12 days ago
Our client is a highly successful, market leading, engineering company in Selby, North Yorkshire Due to continued success they are now looking to recruit an Electrically biased multi skilled Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities for the Electrically biased Maintenance Engineer include p... Read More
Maintenance Engineer (Shift Engineer)
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £41000 - £42000 per annum
- 12 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Shift Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Leicestershire. Responsibilities of the Shift Engineer: Ensure that all equipment is maintained in line with manufacturer's recommendations and repaired when necessary to be available and fit for... Read More
Maintenance Engineer (Nights)
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £38000 - £46000 per annum
- 23 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer (Nights) for a food manufacturer based in Leicester To provide a maintenance engineering service to the business unit buildings, plant and associated equipment that ensures 100% availability and reliability, that results in t... Read More