Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)- MMC Offsite Construction - Northfleet, Kent - up to £50K + Generous pension, 25 days holiday + stats, private medical scheme and life assurance.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within an offsite construction company at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As the Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will:
- Designing the layout of the plant maintenance workshop
- Identify & procure all equipment and tooling for the above workshop
- In line with the TPM strategy, catalogue strategic spare parts inventory for the facility and the manufacturing equipment
- Support the integration and development of CAD/CAM systems
- Support the integration and development of the MES system
- Assist with repair and troubleshooting of plant and equipment
- Catalogue all tooling, service and maintenance requirements for plant & infrastructure
- Help to design and implement Total Production Management (TPM) processes to support production operations
- Assist with the training of the production teams in the TPM processes
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments to support safe and efficient maintenance operations
- Ensure day-to-day that production is able to deliver to the required output levels, which will mean the facility and associated advanced manufacturing technologies are kept operational at all times.
You will be an experienced Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer with:
- HNC/HND or Degree level in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years Previous experience within a fast-paced automated production environment including hydraulic, pneumatic, servo drives and PLC systems is essential
- Advanced knowledge of hydraulic & pneumatics & mechanical systems
- Machine & mechanical installation experience
- Although not essential, experienced of a greenfield factory environment would be desirable
- Basic machining & welding experience essential
- Understanding of CAD/CAM systems would be advantageous
- Thorough experience within a Lean Manufacturing Culture, the ability to work as part of a team and desire to train and pass on knowledge to the team
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Petra Viola-Makk at Barker Ross on 07824069855 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction recruitment, we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type, please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.