Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) - £40K-£45K - Northfleet, Kent
This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer you will initially be responsible for helping create a 150,000 sq. ft. green field advanced manufacturing facility and assist with the factory fit, machinery install & commissioning processes. These core processes will include maintenance systems and facilities engineering support, and will need to be closely integrated with production, factory logistics and HSEQ processes. The initial work will cover setting up new
systems of work to support the maintenance of equipment and factory infrastructure. Installation support for OEM's to install advanced production technologies into the new manufacturing facility.
Once the factory is established, the focus will switch to ensure day-to-day that production is able to deliver to the required output levels, which will mean the facility and associated advanced manufacturing technologies are kept operational at all times. As such, the Multi skilled Manufacturing Engineers will be responsible for providing the production team with the equipment & support to ensure productivity and manufactured product quality targets are met, whilst ensuring a safe working environment for the production team, It will be essential to work very closely with all stakeholders from across the business and help develop and evolve robust solutions.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Designing the layout of the plant maintenance workshop
- Identify & procure all equipment and tooling for the above workshop
- In line with the TPM strategy, catalogue strategic spare parts inventory for the facility and the manufacturing equipment
- Support the integration and development of CAD/CAM systems
- Support the integration and development of the MES system
- Assist with repair and troubleshooting of plant and equipment
- Catalogue all tooling, service and maintenance requirements for plant & infrastructure
- Help to design and implement Total Production Management (TPM) processes to support production operations
- Assist with the training of the production teams in the TPM processes
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments to support safe and efficient maintenance operations
- Support OEMs and third party agencies for the installation of new machinery / equipment
- Play an active role in the manufacturing facility commissioning process, including programme of sample production / prototyping
Skills and Qualifications:
- HNC/HND or Degree level in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 3 years Previous experience within a fast paced automated production environment including hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC systems is essential
- Advanced knowledge of electrical & PLC systems
- Machine & electrical installation experience
- Although not essential, experienced of a greenfield factory environment would be
- Understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and implementation
- experience advantageous
- Understanding of CAD/CAM systems would be advantageous
- Thorough experience within a Lean Manufacturing Culture, the ability to work as part
- of a team and desire to train and pass on knowledge to the team
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £28000 - £30000 per annum
- 25 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Electrically biased Maintenance Engineer within a packaging and the manufacturer and supplier within the food sector based in Leicestershire. The role as Engineer will have selected responsibilities as determined by the company and shall report d... Read More
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Derby, Derbyshire
- £30000 - £40000 per annum
- 29 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer at food manufacturer based in Derby. The candidate will be electrically qualified to 18th Edition wiring regulations plus testing with a mechanical cross skill capability. This is primarily a day shift role, weekend and other... Read More
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £33000 - £36000 per annum
- 3 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Shift Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Leicestershire. Responsibilities of the Shift Engineer: Ensure that all equipment is maintained in line with manufacturer's recommendations and repaired when necessary to be available and fit for... Read More
- Lutterworth, Leicestershire
- Up to £14.90 per hour + overtime £22.35p/h, free parking
- 11 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Shift Engineer at leading wholesaler of business products and services based in Leicestershire. The Shift Engineer is responsible for maintaining and controlling all site electrical and mechanical equipment to the highest possible standards of efficiency ... Read More