My client is a leading Manufacturer in paper based products, based in Sleaford they require a Multi- Skilled Engineer, with an Electrical Bias to join their busy Engineering Team on a Permanent basis.
To provide comprehensive engineering cover across the Production site.
- To carry out all work in a safe and efficient manner as per the clients health and Safety policy
- Undertake repairs as requested by Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager or Shift Manager, etc.
- Prioritise workload in line with production requirements.
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance tasks as per the maintenance schedule
- Identify potential improvements to equipment and communicate these to the relevant persons
- Communicate with relevant parties the status of any ongoing work.
- Create an accurate record of completed work with details of parts used.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for colleagues by either working extended shifts.
- Ensure the security of all tools and equipment.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in all work areas.
- Work with CI teams to improve overall efficiency of plant and equipment.
- Assist with training to apprentices and other engineering personnel as required.
- Undertake specialised training when required.
- Assist with maintaining adequate stock levels
- Undertake all other site maintenance when required
- Operate cutting and welding equipment where necessary
- Assist with commission, line and balance new machinery after installation
- Flexible attitude with regards machinery to be worked on, normal hours of work & shift pattern
- Carry out any other reasonable task as required
- Your immediate Manager must be kept informed in an appropriate level of detail about activities, progress, results and achievements.
- Information about emerging threats and opportunities should be provided to your Shift Management Team clearly and accurately with the appropriate degree of urgency
- Seek information and advice about policy and procedure at the appropriate time
- Open, honest and friendly behaviour is encouraged.
- Undertakings to others should be honoured, taking account of other priorities and commitments.
- Ensure that opinions and information is exchanged and shared with colleagues
- Information relating to the efficient operation of the function is exchanged accurately and in the appropriate detail
Training and Development
- Identify your own training needs
- Undertake any necessary training and development that leads to increased knowledge and skill as directed by the company
- Hold a recognised qualification in either engineering/electrical (17th Ed desirable)
- IOSH qualified as a minimum standard
Health & Safety
- To assist in ensuring that all operations within the department are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with Company procedures and legislative requirements
- Comply with Company and statutory safety procedures and safe systems of work
- Only complete tasks fully trained to conduct - seek advice/assistance where necessary
The average weekly hours are 42.2
If you feel this role is the of interest to you, please call 01522 551910 for immediate consideration.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
- Kent, England
- £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Package
- 30 days ago
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)- MMC Offsite Construction - Northfleet, Kent - up to £50K + Generous pension, 25 days holiday + stats, private medical scheme and life assurance. Company This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within an offsite constr... Read More
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
- Kent, England
- £45000 - £50000 per annum + + Package
- 30 days ago
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)- MMC Offsite Construction - Northfleet, Kent - up to £45K + Generous pension, 25 days holiday + stats, private medical scheme and life assurance. Company This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within an offsite constr... Read More