Job Role: This position is a mobile position across all clients' sites, the post holder will assist the teams in ensuring the accommodation is ready for occupancy within set timescales. Assisting in the delivery of front line services and maintaining a high level of presentation for every aspect of the developments.
- To take a proactive approach to ensure that the developments are maintained to specified standards
- Responsible for weekly/monthly PPM checks
- To meet set targets and priorities across the site as set by the local Manager
- To ensure that works are carried out to a high standard
- To comply with Health and Safety working practice in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy
- To carry out property inspections and services including water hygiene works
- To stand in for staff absences at sites, including weekends where required
- To assist skilled engineers when required
- To monitor activities of specialist sub-contractors
- To undertake minor repairs where it would not be appropriate to instruct a mobile engineer
The above outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position, however, this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed by the company and within the job holders capabilities may be required. The duties will evolve and be modified by changes within the company.
Skills (includes Key Competencies)
- Able to exercise initiative and prioritise duties accordingly
- Able to make decisions and recommendations
- Able to work to a high standard against agreed timescales with limited supervision
- Able to deal with everyday problems and to identify which problems should be referred to the Contracts Manager
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly
- Able to understand information, advice and liaise with others accordingly, to be receptive to information being communicated, contribute and pass on to others as appropriate.
- Knowledge and qualification in electrical or plumbing.
- Able to use a computer/smart phone
- Commitment and enthusiasm to Derwent FM and its work.
- Commitment to quality in all aspects of service delivery.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum guidance; confidence in taking the initiative, making decisions and consulting as appropriate.
- Ability to manage the delivery of detailed work
- Willing to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances.
- Key attributes are an ability to demonstrate a flexible and positive 'can do' attitude and to become quickly established to add value to the business.
Experience and Qualifications
- Maintenance Experience
- Driving License
- Good customer service skills
- Contract Manager
- Health & Safety, Environment, Quality, HR and Finance
- Other Site Contractors
- Free or subsidised travel
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.