Duties to include:
- Undertake MHE assessments and training for the site from novice to experienced refresher, to RTITB standards, ensuring MHE on site is operated in a manner consistent with RTITB guidelines and that meet the site standards as set out in the site MHE licence.
- Ensure pre-op checks are completed accurately prior to use.
- Assist in the development of health, safety and welfare policies and procedures and in addressing health, safety and welfare issues across the operation.
- Take an active role in the health and safety committee, including reporting best practice in MHE operations and be a point of contact for H&S issues along with other members of the H&S team.
- Promote site safety through the continual coaching of staff at all levels to ensure a safe site and take the lead in the development and delivery of site MHE safety initiatives.
- Assist in the delivery of health and safety training (including manual handling and other safety awareness programs) and warehouse across all levels of the Eureka Team.
- Assist with initial site familiarisation induction on day one for starters as required.
- Assist the undertaking of regular site inspections and safety audits especially in relation to MHE operations on site.
- Assist with the development of risk assessments, safe working procedures for any activities carried out on site.
- Assist with contractor management (permits to work) on site including site inductions and maintaining contractor files.
- Where necessary assist the Operations Development Manager in the facilities management of the site, arranging contractors, day to day dealings with contractors and overseeing works.
- Where necessary support the Operations Development Manager to complete accident / incident documentation, carrying out investigations and gathering information and advising on outcomes of investigations.
- Responsible for keeping the MHE training matrix and its ongoing maintenance to ensure refresher training is booked and delivered on time.
- Assist in the updating & inputting of data for health & safety KPI's, accident report stats and compliance requirements.
- Assist in the producing of H&S management reports, training sessions and documentation, newsletters and safety bulletins.
Qualifications / accreditation:
- RTITB Instructor Trained
- Should be educated to Secondary school level with attainment at G.C.S.E. level or equivalent in Math & English to Grade C or above.
- Good written English communication skills are a pre-requisite for this position.
- Previous experience of working in a busy warehouse environment.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Up to date knowledge of RTITB training standards, testing and guidelines
- Experience of operating VNA/Man-up, Flexi/Aislemaster, Counterbalance, PPT/LLOP, Scissor lift
- The role holder should have a minimum of two years' experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Good knowledge of MS office applications with excellent IT skills.
- Willingness to learn and good attention to detail.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information please call Yasmin on 01733 530023.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.