A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Fitter at a Leicester based world leading engineering manufacturer and design company within the automotive industry.
The Maintenance Engineer roll will aid the overall effectiveness & efficiency of the division by reducing downtime on machines whilst continuously striving to improve processes to plant & machinery and furthermore to provide a support service to the production and to the Division in relation to maintenance issues to ensure machinery has maximum uptime possible.
Main duties include:
- Responsible for Reactive / Breakdown Maintenance
- Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- Support in the improvement of processes and machinery
- Comply with company H&S policy and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements and ·ensure that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares / consumables used.
- Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods / procedures to reduce these.
- Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be a time served engineer (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Recognised engineering qualifications (essential)
- Previous maintenance experience - manufacturing environment preferable (essential)
- Competent electrical / electronic fault finding and analysis skills (essential)
- Self-managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
This is a permanent role, hours are Monday to Friday, 06:00 to 14:00 & 14:00 to 22:00, rotating weekly with a daily break (Double Day Shift) or Sunday to Thursday, 22:00 to 06:00 with a daily break (Night Shift)
Salary dependent on experience:
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Colwick, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £15.50 per hour
- 30 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Fitter & Fabricator for a provider of recycling solutions based in Nottingham. Job Purpose Responsible for planned preventative maintenance and breakdown reactive maintenance for Plant and machinery ensuring minimal downtime. In additi... Read More