A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Estimator at a supplier and installer of pipe systems based in Buckingham.
The Mechanical Estimator will carry out Sales Estimator duties and associated functions from initial enquiry through to tender submission. Liaising with clients to ensure all requests are met on time, ensuring high accuracy of costs at all times, and maximising order potential through negotiating and liaising with clients.
The responsibilities of the Mechanical Estimator are as follows:
- Ensuring all tenders are price accurately and within deadline
- Deal with customer enquiries
- Determine full extent of customer requirements and specification & drawings
- Carry out site survey visits, if required
- Design pipe routes using manufacturers recommendations & guidelines
- Carrying out materials take-offs from tender drawings
- Producing estimates using bespoke computer software package
- Producing and issuing quotation letters
- Assisting in the completion of tender prequalification questionnaires (PQQ's)
- Deal with suppliers with regards to prices, terms & conditions, availability and any issues which may occur
- Input, update and edit enquiry/customer/supplier/price records within bespoke computer software packages
- Answering internal and external technical and product queries
- Assist with growing sales within an existing client base in addition to new clients
- Carry out sales quotation follow up calls to ascertain competitiveness of quotations and to determine as much detail about the project as possible
- Negotiate quotation prices with customers and costs with suppliers & subcontractors
- Providing clients with technical and sales brochures and information & data
- Providing technical submittals for approval
- Assisting with appointment setting of client site surveys/bid meetings for company directors
The Mechanical Estimator must have the following skills:
- Possess a good mechanical & technical knowledge preferably in mechanical services or pipework background
- Ability to build client relationships and to introduce new clients for growth of sales
- Very good attention to detail and accuracy levels
- Possess a positive approach & excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated and desire to work hard in a busy office environment
- Require excellent organisation and planning skills
- Polite manner and good interpersonal skills
- Able to use own initiative to solve problems and deliver solutions
- Experienced and confident in both face to face and telephone customer handling
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 8.45am - 5pm
Salary for this role starts from £40,000 - £50,000
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available