We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer for our client who specialises in food industry, If you love working with machinery and have a passion for what you do then this might be a job for you.
Job Title: Engineer
Reporting: Chief engineer
- Job Purpose:
- To ensure compliance with all company procedures and to assist the operations & the Directors in all areas of management and to strictly adhere to the Health and Safety policies
- To ensure the smooth and efficient working of all machinery within and belong to the Company.
- The major results expected of this job:
- Ensure clients's food safety and quality objectives are met at all times.
- Arrange to get all equipment serviced internally and draw out and manage the Preventive Maintenance Schedule.
- Ensure that all engineering work done during production is conducted in a manner that keeps product or the equipment/ area from being contaminated.
- Liaise with external contractors for engineering jobs, ensuring that all precautions that are required to be taken to ensure product safety are followed.
- Arrange to record all daily service jobs.
- Arrange for spare parts for equipment or inform the Chief Engineer to order replacements.
- Perform risk assessments of new equipment with a view to product safety and employee safety and discusses the same with the Chief Engineer.
- Report any breakdowns requiring external contractors'
- Ensure that any visiting contractors are not suffering from an illness that could affect product or employee safety.
- Carry out any reasonable work that is required to ensure the smooth functioning of the department or the company.
- Organisation Chart
Assistant Managing Director
- Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experince working in a food production factory.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
- Sound understanding of documented policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Food and Hygiene polices
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Understand Quality Management
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work on own initiative
- Planning and Organizing
- Self development and continuing personal development
- Experience in bottling plant is an advantage
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 3617 3157
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.