Mechanical Engineer - MMC Offsite Construction - Leeds - £32k-£40K + Package
A forward-thinking company within the MMC sector develops Modular Homes that's needed for the UK to fix its property crisis and deliver a housing market that caters equally to all members of society.
As the Mechanical Engineer you will:
- Design and develop building services' solutions for new products, support building services' solutions for existing products
- Assist the commercial team with site-based projects
- Meet deliverables as directed by the Head of Engineering, to an agreed brief including cost targets, programmes, and relevant standards and regulations
- Engage with, and technically influence the building services of the new and existing product portfolio; its design; development and execution
- Be a stakeholder in the development of high-quality products, with a focus on the energy efficient and intuitive operation of the home
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings as required to support the development and implementation of new and existing products. This may include design calculations to relevant codes of practice and current legislation/guidance.
- Review and critique technical submissions from designers, suppliers and contractors.
- Support the Quality Department to monitor and inspect work undertaken in the factory and site environments to ensure system performance and compliance
- Support the Manufacturing Engineers with technical support and resolution of issues with a focus on MEP
You will be an experience Mechanical Engineer with:
- BEng, MEng or MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Building Services Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer registered with the Engineering Council (CEng). (desired but nor essential)
- Member of an appropriate professional body (IMechE, CIBSE, MIEE or similar). (desired but nor essential)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as an MEP Engineer either as a Consulting or Contracting role.
- Knowledge of the modular/off-site construction sector and the relevant construction methodologies and associated codes / standards.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Skilled at using 3D modelling and 2D drafting packages
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction Recruitment, I am are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Gravesend, Kent
- £35000 - £40000 per annum + + Package
- 9 days ago
Welding Engineer - Offsite Construction/Manufacturing - Northfleet, Kent - £35K-£40K + Package Company A strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high perform... Read More