An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Fitter & Assembler at a manufacturer of automotive parts based in Bedfordshire.
Summary of Duties:
- View priority build board and select kit of parts for next assembly.
- Establish assembly operations from parts list, working instructions and drawings.
- Check kit for correct parts and refer to stores or supervision over any discrepancies.
- Operate overhead travelling gantry crane and provide correct slinging procedure to load and transport large items.
- Assemble and test products to specification, referring to working instructions and drawings, using air gun and spanners, paying particular attention to cleanliness of parts.
- Report to supervision any error found in component parts and problems leading to difficulty in assembly. Also report any deficiency in tool or measuring equipment.
- Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to and good housekeeping is maintained in the work areas. Use the PPE provided at all times. Report any health and safety concerns to supervision or the health and safety representative.
- Provide support for requirements of ISO 9001.
- To support the implementation of ABS, the continuous improvement process.
- To carry out production and operations related tasks set by the Value Stream Manager.
- Manual lifting requirements up to 20 kgs
- Working to engineering drawings
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience with building assemblies
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Must have experience of assembling large metal parts, balancing experience an advantage
- Previous experience within a similar assembly environment
The salary for this position is dependent on experience.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday (8am to 4.30pm), Friday (8am to 3pm). We are looking for flexibility to cover the shop floor shift which is 2.30pm to 11pm (ad-hoc).
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available