A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Materials Planning & Logistics Planner at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Coventry.
You will develop production plans for the assembly of wheels for the automotive industry. You will interpret customer requirements and issue part requirement schedules to our suppliers preparing build plans accordingly. You will maintain accurate inventory levels for all parts using computer-based stock control systems and the operation of inventory control processes.
- Ensure that scheduled production can be achieved within the planned resource.
- Ensure that scheduled production enables timely and correct delivery of products to the customer.
- Ensuring optimised and accurate inventory levels for all suppliers.
- Ensure stock levels are readily available and accurate.
- Control of all inbound and outbound materials. Minimise the levels of stock within agreed parameters without jeopardising service levels.
- Adhere to appropriate processes and procedures.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and distributors
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products.
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedule.
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production.
- Minimise obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability.
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis to update others within the organisation.
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all suppliers and customers.
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and welcomes change.
- Engages interest and participation of others.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
- Is self-aware and has a collaborative approach to working with others.
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings.
- Self-Motivated and able to work under pressure
- Ability to utilise the stock control operatives to assist in any concerns that may arise
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Significant relevant experience working in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of production schedules and part requirements.
- Experience in inventory management.
- In depth knowledge of Health and Safety Awareness.
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Proven skill in MRP Scheduling or other planning data bases.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise work, in order to meet tight time scales.
- Excellent management skills, being able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to build relationships at all levels and motivate a team to complete tasks from start to finish.
- An ability to produce professional documents using Microsoft Office Packages (Inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- An excellent customer service ethic, and an aptitude for problem solving lending itself to resolving customer queries.
Regular working hours are Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week.
Salary for this role is £30,000 - £35,000
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Materials Planning & Logistics Planner
- Coventry, West Midlands
- £30000 - £35000 per annum
- 7 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Materials Planning & Logistics Planner at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Coventry. You will develop production plans for the assembly of wheels for the automotive industry. You wi... Read More
- Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
- £26000 - £40000 per annum
- 26 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner with a manufacturer and supplier of pipe seals based in Peterborough. As Production Planner you will be responsible for scheduling production across the manufacturing facility, working closely with Operations, Shift Management ... Read More