Berkeley Modular is a newly-formed company, founded to produce a volumetric modular housing solution specifically for the Berkeley Group.
From our purpose-built, technologically advanced manufacturing facility in Northfleet, Kent, our highly skilled workforce will produce a range of modular housing products designed and engineered to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As Materials Planner you will be responsible for developing procurement schedules and forecasting the right materials, goods and products; at the correct volumes inbound to the Berkeley Modular Factory in Northfleet from its supply chain partners.
The role will include:
- Managing the supply of materials to meet production schedules and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity
- Developing efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet production requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure supply of materials meets requirements, with a strong focus on risk management and KPI performance to drive continuous improvement
- Schedule the supply of materials to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of use
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedule
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Utilise Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
- Develop KPI reporting and evaluate performance in order to drive continuous improvement.
- Minimum ONC qualified with HNC / Degree or equivalent preferred, or you will have extensive experience in a complex manufacturing engineering environment
- Commitment to work towards professional accreditation with an industry related body
- Previous experience of materials planning ideally in the automotive or manufacturing environment
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies
- Understanding of supplier relationships and experience of working with suppliers
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methodology & techniques will be advantageous
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.