A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Technician to join a reputable and successful manufacturer of specialist equipment to several sectors including construction, logistics and distribution. Through investment in staff, manufacturing equipment and technology they maintain an ongoing commitment to produce high-quality innovative products.
The primary duty is to perform a range of manufacturing / production operations to the required quality standard, on time and within budget.
Although some flexibility will be required the working hours for this position are 08:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficient and correct to specification Mechanical assembly, hydraulic installation, electrical wiring, and fabrication / fitting operations
- Competent build inspection of all stages and materials used.
- Full compliance with ISO 45001 procedures, and total quality focus throughout all direct / indirect stages of manufacturing process to achieve a quality product aligned to the customer's specification / expectations.
- Full flexibility, including being trained and training others to enable all manufacturing operations by all to be completed across the company.
- Compliance with health and safety standards, flexibility, and development of skills through the complete manufacturing process, and the production / product cells.
- Maintaining and developing accurate systems and procedures. Ensuring engineering masters and works orders accurately reflect the approved parts consumed. Identification of low stock / shortages.
- Maintain a high standard of 5's workplace organisation. Continuous improvement / elimination of waste, through 'Lean Manufacturing techniques / tools'.
- Working as a team to achieve customer quality, delivery, cost and innovation requirements. Striving to meet performance requirements for accidents / incidents and internal quality defects
- Ensuring company procedures are complied with.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar hands-on assembly/manufacturing role
- Basic IT literacy to include the use of Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
- Team Player
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working hours
- £24,315 per annum basic salary rising to £27,622 per annum with progression
- Production Bonus from Day 1 (guaranteed at a minimum of £50 per week, but on average equates to around £5000 per annum).
- Overtime paid at premium levels (x1.5 or x2.0 depending on hours worked in the week).
- 5% contributory pension scheme
- Profit related bonus scheme (paid in December, usually £500 per annum)
- Private health scheme (covers optical and dental expenses, children can be added for no extra cost)
- Death in Service Life Insurance Scheme (2x annual salary)